For Sale Renton, WA complete PTO assembly with t-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm posting this for my neighbor, Ken, and will put you directly in contact with him if you are interested. Complete 1976 factory PTO winch assembly with the gear box and transfer case so this is a clean it up and drop it in complete assembly. It does not have the winch cable but otherwise appears to be complete. Ken said it worked when he bought the vehicle back in the fall of 2020 but he immediately took it off because it isn't something he needs. I've never seen it work but I can attest to the transfer case being in excellent condition as I've driven his 1976 FJ40 and run it through the gears. He is asking $3,250 for the total setup. The combined size and weight of all these components is a lot so local pickup is best but he will ship if you are willing to cover the shipping cost.

IMG_6740(1).jpg
IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6737.jpg
IMG_6741.jpg
IMG_6743.jpg

Since your neighbor is asking top dollar he might was to show he has a complete setup. The rollers look to be from something else not original Toyota. These are too short. Original there are thick steel and painted black. Cable had a hook and chain on the end which are hard to locate. Transmission tunnel would have a flip over lock to keep the lever from being moved in to gear accidentally. Also wedges/bolts where the the winch mounts the side frame rails. Right now it looks more like a project with some missing parts.

Since your neighbor is asking top dollar he might was to show he has a complete setup. The rollers look to be from something else not original Toyota. These are too short. Original there are thick steel and painted black. Cable had a hook and chain on the end which are hard to locate. Transmission tunnel would have a flip over lock to keep the lever from being moved in to gear accidentally. Also wedges/bolts where the the winch mounts the side frame rails. Right now it looks more like a project with some missing parts.
Thanks I’ll let him know.

Do you think it would help if he sold it separate from the transfer case? If so, what do you recommend on a price?

Being a four speed it is hit or miss if the transfer will have a PTO gear or spacer where the gear would be. Other than that see no real advantage of selling the transmission and transfer case along with it. Not really a big project pulling a one piece transfer case off a four speed and installing the gear. Even sold as a package I would go threw them before installing. Easiest time to do it is before it's installed. Plus a good chance a buyer already has a transmission and transfer case and just wanting to add a winch.

Whitey would have a better idea of valve since I hang on to PTO winches I manage to collect.

I was poking around Craigslist the other day entertaining the idea of getting a PTO winch. I found a 100% complete setup including the aforementioned hook, with pics :p. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw they were asking $2100. Plus shipping. But this one is local to me.

Your neighbor may be a little high on his asking price. No offense, just some constructive input I hope.

Is the trans tunnel included?

I was poking around Craigslist the other day entertaining the idea of getting a PTO winch. I found a 100% complete setup including the aforementioned hook, with pics :p. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw they were asking $2100. Plus shipping. But this one is local to me.

Your neighbor may be a little high on his asking price. No offense, just some constructive input I hope.

Is the trans tunnel included?
Thanks for the feedback. Honestly no clue where he is at with his sale of this. I gave him the feedback and moved on. Last time I was over there I saw that he modified the tunnel to put in a floor mounted e-brake handle from a 79 he is parting out… oh well

Thanks for the feedback. Honestly no clue where he is at with his sale of this. I gave him the feedback and moved on. Last time I was over there I saw that he modified the tunnel to put in a floor mounted e-brake handle from a 79 he is parting out… oh well
Floor mounted e brake.... must be for drifting. Lol.

Can you measure the drive shaft for me? And possibly the linkage from the shifter clevis to the ball stud? Thank You.

I’ll say this: you are a good friend to run this much interference for him.😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom