Removable front seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions for my '13 200? I really like these from Equipt but there is no way in this lifetime that I will pay $460 for two....

"They are all handcrafted from 510 denier cotton canvas and contoured specifically to the Land Cruiser seating surface. Each cover set includes headrest covers, map and glove pockets, and an Escape Gear storage duffel."

Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series 2008-2011 & 2015 Front & Rear Seat Covers Light Khaki

I could care less about the headrest covers, pockets and duffle. I am looking for tough ones that are airbag compatible, easily removed and laundered, to be stored most of the time. I want some protection for nasty conditions, that is all.

How hard are the neoprene ones to install and remove? ...
Toyota Land Cruiser Standard Color Seat Covers: Wet Okole Hawaii

Finally, they need to be NON STATIC. I had Corbeau seats in a Ram and their offroad covers were horrible. I would get zapped every time I got out. I even saw a spark shoot out from my key to the house door every now and then. That is painful and it probably doesn't do my iPhone any good. Not these, no way: .... Seat Saver - Accessories - Other - Corbeau Racing Seats

Surely there are some covers from TJM or other suppliers that are basic and not close to $500... Pictures and suggestions are welcome.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
I got the Coverking "tactical" ones from Costco for $150, did front and rear seats (pulling 3rd row out). Went with black because they don't have tan for some reason & Amazon won't ship the tan ones to Alaska. Happy with them, protect the leather from the dogs & clean easily. Last weekend we camped at the lake and they were covered in mud. I was worried I would have to pull them out to clean them, but just a wet towel has them looking like new again. Plus the MOLLE loops on the back seats add much needed storage space. 10/10 would buy again. No static noticed so far.

Costco Wholesale

Pictures on this page: What have you done to your 200 Series this week?

I also put coverkings on the front seats of my LX470, but went with the tan leather ($350 on Costco). Factory leather was beat up when I got it, looks like new now.

Last edited:
I got the Coverking "tactical" ones from Costco for $150, did front and rear seats (pulling 3rd row out). Went with black because they don't have tan for some reason & Amazon won't ship the tan ones to Alaska. Happy with them, protect the leather from the dogs & clean easily. Last weekend we camped at the lake and they were covered in mud. I was worried I would have to pull them out to clean them, but just a wet towel has them looking like new again. Plus the MOLLE loops on the back seats add much needed storage space. 10/10 would buy again. No static noticed so far.

Costco Wholesale

Pictures on this page: What have you done to your 200 Series this week?

I also put coverkings on the front seats of my LX470, but went withu the tan leather ($350 on Costco). Factory leather was beat up when I got it, looks like new now.
Those look nice. I really like the Molle webbing and tactical look. The interior of the 200 is pretty feminine and it adds a male touch.... I went to the Coverking webpage for the 200 and they say: "Custom pattern unavailable for this application."

Cordura Ballistic Tactical Custom Seat Covers

Did you use their Universal covers, and do you worry about the airbags? I am looking for covers that are not so tightly fitting, so they are very easy to slip on and off without tools.

I thought about their waterproof Seat Shields, but even tho they are available in Tan, they say "not for use on light colored leather seats." My interior is tan, WTF?

Waterproof Seat Shield

EDIT: "Coverking would like to add caution on the use of universal seat covers on a light colored factory leather. Coverking asks that the vehicle owner check the leather periodically for the first couple weeks to make sure there is no color transfer onto the seats themselves. Otherwise, any custom seat cover material that we offer would be fine for factory leather seats"

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
Sorry but those equips seat overs look horrible...you could probably go to your local upholsterer and get something done for half the price.

Check eBay.

Last edited:
Those look nice. I really like the Molle webbing and tactical look. The interior of the 200 is pretty feminine and it adds a male touch.... I went to the Coverking webpage for the 200 and they say: "Custom pattern unavailable for this application."

Cordura Ballistic Tactical Custom Seat Covers

Did you use their Universal covers, and do you worry about the airbags? I am looking for covers that are not so tightly fitting, so they are very easy to slip on and off without tools.

I thought about their waterproof Seat Shields, but even tho they are available in Tan, they say "not for use on light colored leather seats." My interior is tan, WTF?

Waterproof Seat Shield

EDIT: "Coverking would like to add caution on the use of universal seat covers on a light colored factory leather. Coverking asks that the vehicle owner check the leather periodically for the first couple weeks to make sure there is no color transfer onto the seats themselves. Otherwise, any custom seat cover material that we offer would be fine for factory leather seats"

John Davies
Spokane WA

Mine are custom made for the 200 by coverking. Slipped on easily, they included a tool which helped. They are airbag compatible. Installed them a while ago, the drivers cover hasn't budged with daily use. Just followed the prompts on the Costco website. Haven't checked the leather under for color transfer, if you're concerned I can look tomorrow.

Mine are custom made for the 200 by coverking. Slipped on easily, they included a tool which helped. They are airbag compatible. Installed them a while ago, the drivers cover hasn't budged with daily use. Just followed the prompts on the Costco website. Haven't checked the leather under for color transfer, if you're concerned I can look tomorrow.
Thanks, so you were able to order custom fit? The Coverking website says they are not available for my 2013, and when I search for custom covers all I see are the middle and rear seats listed.

More pics would be welcome. I was concerned that installation would be a PITA compared to just flipping a one piece cover over it, but they do indeed look great.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Custom covers are what you want, my 2008 came right up. Maybe because you have the cooled front seats? Mine is an 08 and they're just heated seats

I am interested in a set of pre-owned Equipt seat cover for 1st and 2nd row. Prefer Tan, but flexible. PM me pls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom