Remote start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any recommendations for a remote start for my 92 land cruiser, fj80?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a remote start for my 92 land cruiser, fj80?
I have Drone and love it. You can use the app on your phone or a remote key. The app is easy to use and I love that it tracks the location of my LC and notifies me when it's turned on and off. I have a yearly charge for the app and tracking but I believe you can opt for just the remote key option as well.

Compustar CS7900-AS alarm + remote starter has been working great for me for months. The starter signal output is better than the Python (same as DEI and Ungo, as far as I know) that it replaced. The Python would often fail to provide enough current to fully activate the starter solenoid. The Compustar has a second output wire for more current capacity.

Also, the range is fantastic compared to any other alarm I've had.

I have Drone and love it. You can use the app on your phone or a remote key. The app is easy to use and I love that it tracks the location of my LC and notifies me when it's turned on and off. I have a yearly charge for the app and tracking but I believe you can opt for just the remote key option as well.
Thanks

Compustar CS7900-AS alarm + remote starter has been working great for me for months. The starter signal output is better than the Python (same as DEI and Ungo, as far as I know) that it replaced. The Python would often fail to provide enough current to fully activate the starter solenoid. The Compustar has a second output wire for more current capacity.

Also, the range is fantastic compared to any other alarm I've had.
Thanks

Using viper no issues. Has app and key fobs. Purchased and shop installed locally for about 600 bucks.

OMG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ! Remote start is a trash gimmick. I suppose with auto gearbox LX450 being the standard 80 series in the US you can get away with it. it's impossible with a manual box 80 unless it's parked with the gearbox always left in neutral (which means then fully relying on just the factory HB to hold it on any sort of slope/grade).

This if you have a manual transmission. I use to install viper and a few others worked at at a custom car audio shop we also did dealership work Toyota Honda gm . Remote start an a manual transmission big no automatic transmission completely fine.

But why? It's pure 'wank factor' to have 'remote start'. Just saying :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom