Registration new tire pressure sensors (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.
I need help with registration new (winter) tire pressure sensors on LC200 2015.
Dealer has changed ID but without techstream.
I want to register winter tires as 2nd tire but I am always getting an error.

"ID registration failed due to a communication error with the ECU while in initialization mode."
I have Techstream v10.10.018, new Mini VCI cable which support driver 2.0.1.
I have tried to terminate initialization mode by connecting TC and CG (4 and 13) for 30 seconds.
However, I am pretty sure it’s not an initialization problem.
I can see actual pressures on data sheet in Techstream/on information display but these are summer tire pressures.
Could it be a problem that summer and winter tire pressure sensors are on the same place when I am trying to register 2nd sensors?

Thanks for help!

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm going to be going down this road also. From earlier posts here on Mud, search, others have cloned their sensors. I'm not aware that the 200 series LC, at least in NA, can have two sets of TPMS.

I have the same error. Tried every trick on the internet, still no fix. Everything else in Techstream works fine except the TPMS utility for me. I've learned to live with the yellow light for now. I'll eventually bring it into the dealer to see if they can fix it.

The Land Cruiser cannot have a second set I got a second set of sensors after a wheels shop "lost" my original wheels. Hooked the truck up to the EBAY software, entered the new codes and it worked. If you doing a second set get the truck AWAY from any other sensors.
At one time I had a second set in the garage and it would confuse the system on startup.

I have tried both options. Main set (overwrite the 'summer' ID) and 2nd set. I have original Toyota sensors.
It seems to be a problem with the registration.
I should be able to overwrite any ID with techstream, for example set ID to 00000, 000001 etc.
Dealer can't set ID with Techstream. They use another tool to register ID. But I refuse pay twice a yaer for this. In addition I have to go there becouse of this.

Did anyone manage to register ID with mini VCI cable on LC200 >2012?
Can be a cable issue?

Where are you?? I'm just north of NYC. Come use mine

Short swim

Can anybody confirm that it's possible to reprogram ECU and add new ID - TPMS with Mini VCI cable?

However you go about getting the software and cables follow the instructions to the word.
I swapped out new tire pressure sensors, disabled the seatbelt alarm for the driver poked around at other settings.
I was disappointed that I couldn't enable auto mirror fold.

I bought one of these a couple months ago. I have multiple sets of tires and rims for different vehicles, I had a cheaper version that didn't have the OBD2 communication capability which I discovered was needed to make any swaps with the cruisers.
So far I have used it twice on the Colorado and twice on my Cruiser. Works great. Kind of pricey, but I hate having to go to a dealer or tire shop and pay them 40-80 bucks for 10 min procedure every time I rotate the tires or change over to different tires and rims.
Amazon.com: Autel AULTS501K Premium Kit with MX-Sensor (TS501 s): Automotive

810piuACcwL._SL1500_.jpg

However you go about getting the software and cables follow the instructions to the word.
I swapped out new tire pressure sensors, disabled the seatbelt alarm for the driver poked around at other settings.
I was disappointed that I couldn't enable auto mirror fold.

Can you tell me how to program the tpms? I keep getting the error from the first post in the thread in techstream. Tx.

Hi! I'm new member, but I have a lot of experience, to try registering TPMS ID-s on my 2007 lexus ls 40. Long story. Began in London, I bought a mini VCI cable for around 25 GBP. called Mini VCI Diagnostic Tool Cable Scanner for Toyota Lexus TIS Techstream V10.30.29. and its has a mini CD. On the CD you find the Techstream V10.30.29. diagnostic program, and the mini VCI driver for Win. After some google searching I read that the software and the cable is working properly on win Xp only. I tried in win 7, win 10 on vista, and the latest in xp. I spend a lot of time to install different windows, and the diag software with the cable driver. everithing is working, if you want to read and reset (clear) trouble codes, and the customization menu also working, you can customize a few things like seats, climate control, ligting inside, the door opening/closing etc. BUT NOT TO REGISTER THE TPMS sensor ID-s. I spend four days, and I tried all the tricks what I found on the net but it doesn't work. On the cockpit screen always shows "searching" (which means the TPMS ECU cannot received data from the summer tires sensor ID-s. I always get back the yellow triangle, from the TPMS. I had to go to the dealer and pay around 50 Us to register the summer tires within 2 minutes. I ask the guy in the dealer service (who made the TPMS ID registration, with original Techstream software bought from Toyota directly for thousands of bugs with a large box between the computer and the cable), and he says the
Mini Vci J2534 Cable Firmware V1.4.0 will never work if you want to programming (write to ECU-s) something, because the cable cannot write to ecu, that's why the TPMS ID registration is fail always. I got the same message, as the first two pictures at the beginning of the topic, that was "the ID registration is failed because the ECU is in initialization mode bla bla bla... I tried with a jumper cable to connect TC and CG in the DLC3 but it was not a success. Nothing happened, I received, the same error message: Ecu is still in initialization mode.
So is there anybody who can register TPMS ID-s with any version of Techsream? It would be very kind from him, if he share how he made successful registration, which windows operation system is he used, which release of Techstream is he used,(i tried the version of TIS 8, the 10 and the 12), what type of cable was which led to the success, with which firmware number of the cable (mine is 1.4.1)
Looking forward hearing any good news in this topic. Sorry for my English, but I learned in the secondary school 40 years ago, but I hope I explained my problems clearly.
Best regards Viktor from Hungary

The problem was because cheap mini VCI cable sold on Ebay or all over the web. Make sure you ask the seller about firmware version of the cable, you will need v2.0.1 or higher, get a v2.0.4 if you can. Commonly sold v1.4.x are no good to write to ECU as previous poster mentioned.

TIS Techstream can be easily downloaded from the web if seller doesn't already include a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom