Recommended maintenance + PDF Manual for GX470... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2008 GX470 and I'm looking for recommendations on what exactly to do in terms of preventative maintenance right away. I know about all the fluids and filters, but curious about the "heater Ts" from the 100 series and if this has the same issues as well as anything else specific to it. Also does anyone have a PDF manual that I can download and use for future work? Thanks!

Heater tee’s aren’t an issue that I’m aware of…
-Timing belt (I believe the VVT motors are interference engines)
-SAIS (supplemental air injection system)
-rear air bags
-if equipped with KDSS, remove the protective skid plate and check fittings and lines for rust/corrosion.
-grease the drive shafts (6 zircs total…1 on each shaft, 1 on each U-joint). Go light on the shafts…
-watch for any leaking of coolant. Radiators have a shelf life.

Probably more but it’s a start. Have fun…great vehicles!

Last edited:

The tech info pdf is pretty comprehensive with wiring diagrams, breakdowns of all of the systems, repair steps, torque specs, etc.

Heater tee’s aren’t an issue that I’m aware of…
-Timing belt (I believe the VVT motors are interference engines)
-SAIS (supplemental air injection system)
-rear air bags
-if equipped with KDSS, remove the protective skid plate and check fittings and lines for rust/corrosion.
-grease the drive shafts (6 zircs total…1 on each shaft, 1 on each U-joint). Go light on the shafts…
-watch for any leaking of coolant. Radiators have a shelf life.

Probably more but it’s a start. Have fun…great vehicles!
what's the SAIS?

Air pump that helps heat up the cats faster on cold startup. Its an emissions thing

Since you are in Chicago, undercoat the whole thing ASAP. I personally use Woolwax but there are lots of other options. Midwestern winters will eat these things up if the undercarriage is not maintained well.

Since you are in Chicago, undercoat the whole thing ASAP. I personally use Woolwax but there are lots of other options. Midwestern winters will eat these things up if the undercarriage is not maintained well.
Oh I'm well aware thanks.

Lube the drive shafts (same as with the 100's). Some suggestions of things to check that are different from the 100's: fuel tank straps (not rusted through?), front calipers (not seized/stuck?), front wheel bearings (depending on mileage).

Last edited:
any cheap options for a new TPMS sensor for spare tire and programming it? Light is on due to spare

any cheap options for a new TPMS sensor for spare tire and programming it? Light is on due to spare

Denso, which is the OEM. The sensor comes 'pre-programmed'. You can read the ID of the sensor housing and enter it into Techstream. You may need to wake up the sensor by dropping the pressure rapidly.

Denso, which is the OEM. The sensor comes 'pre-programmed'. You can read the ID of the sensor housing and enter it into Techstream. You may need to wake up the sensor by dropping the pressure rapidly.
I have to look into techstream asap as I heard a lot about it regarding the Land Cruiser 100. Thanks!

I use it for my 2007 all the time.

Is this good for the 2007 as well?
Yeah, at least for the mechanical info since 2005+ is pretty much all the same. Wiring diagrams will likely vary from year to year though. I use this for my 2008 frequently for any work I have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom