Recent 1HZ sources

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
May 12, 2015
Threads
95
Messages
3,404
Location
Bakersfield, Ca
Any good sources for 1HZ engines in the states these days? Has anyone bought one recently? I know of Valley Hybrids haven't checked with them yet.
There's been a couple on Ebay and i've read the ones coming out of the middle east are reputable.

Anyone else I could contact? Just engine don't need the transmission/transfer
 
Any good sources for 1HZ engines in the states these days? Has anyone bought one recently? I know of Valley Hybrids haven't checked with them yet.
There's been a couple on Ebay and i've read the ones coming out of the middle east are reputable.

Anyone else I could contact? Just engine don't need the transmission/transfer
Ive had the best luck here on the classifieds here. do you have a want add posted?
 
Any good sources for 1HZ engines in the states these days? Has anyone bought one recently? I know of Valley Hybrids haven't checked with them yet.
There's been a couple on Ebay and i've read the ones coming out of the middle east are reputable.

Anyone else I could contact? Just engine don't need the transmission/transfer

I think @joekatana is bringing in a bunch of takeouts with low mileage.

Or you can build one from parts. 75% of everything you need is available from Toyota here in the states.
 
1hz thread.
I'd love a chance to buy a newish or rebuilt head for a 1hz along with exhaust manifold if possible. I have a 92 1hz with manifold bolts that are not gonna come out and I need to replace the head as a result. A fully populated head at a reasonable price would be great if you are able to source them
 
Or you can build one from parts. 75% of everything you need is available from Toyota here in the states.
Where are you finding 1HZ parts in the states? Everything I'm seeing is marked up compared to overseas parts suppliers. I have been ordering everything from Japan and the UAE.
 
Typically the cheapest is when serra toyota of decatur has a 15-20% off w/ free shipping sale. Those happen pretty frequently. But, its still only worth it for things that are prohibitive to ship from overseas like heads, steering racks, etc...

You can also buy most everything from Valley Hybrids or Cruiser TEQ.. but, still hard to beat overseas prices
 
That's helpful, thanks.
Go back and read the post you quoted. Specifically the part where he said where to get the parts from. Hint, it is preceded by the word "from".

No promises on pricing of course. Toyota diesel parts are expensive. They are all getting shipped here from somewhere else.
 
Go back and read the post you quoted. Specifically the part where he said where to get the parts from. Hint, it is preceded by the word "from".

No promises on pricing of course. Toyota diesel parts are expensive. They are all getting shipped here from somewhere else.
Lots of Toyota OEM parts websites to choose from in the states, I was asking for a specific one. While searching online I haven't found any in the US that sell parts for 1HZ. I have found a few non Toyota sites that sell new and used 1HZ parts, but that wasn't what I was looking for.
 
I got mine for a great price in the classifieds on here, and then saved some extra money by driving to pick it up myself. CruiserParts has full conversions for i think $7700, which might end up being worth it once you end up buying all the bits and bobs
 
Back
Top Bottom