Rear Side Lift Up Windows by LandCruiserPhil & MNIMarketPlace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shoot to be honest if you were on your game and had everything out ready to go, i bet you could install this in under and hour!

That was too easy, install took about an hour.:banana:

One hour including window removal. Looks great!

Thanks ▲guys▲ for the positive feedback

That is my text to LandCruiserPhil. I parked my truck with the window facing the sun in the morning to soften the rubber moulding. After breakfast I started to work on it. Zero need to remove any of the plastic panels on the interior. Three non marring plastic knives (see the how to remove a rear window video) is all I needed. Just tapped them in good with a rubber mallet and then grabbed that corner from the outside and pulled the window out. This took all of 5-10 minutes. I would probably have been done in 30-45 minutes but I did use some touch up paint on my truck to blend the black trim with the new panel and that needed to dry and installed the window seal backwards at first. :meh: Great fit and finish and everything needed was included, no running around looking for screws or having to mod anything to get it to fit. Very happy with this new addition to my 80.:cool:

My only complaint is that it didn't take long enough to install for me to get any number 6's in.:beer:;)

Finally had to time to install my flip up window, easier then I thought, took a little more then an hour. Neighbor came over and talked for a while, ready for some real world testing in 2 weeks!

I didn't get a photo but the wife uses a step ladder to put frozen goods into the fridge through the window. She loves the fact that she now can go to the grocery store and functionally use the fridge. No more climbing over the seat or racing home from the store before frozens thaw out. I know exactly what's she's doing when I get the text " I'm taking the Land Cruiser today".

flip1.jpg
flip2.jpg

Ready for testing

Nice to see the positive feedback on the product and ease of installation. The flip up windows are a no brainer for guys with swing outs but almost 1/2 of the buyers dont have swing outs. Having spent years working out of a utilitybody truck it is so nice being able to walk up and get what you want without crawling in, around, and over stuff to get to what you want.

Im thinking the video below will be the next step in the evolution of the flip up window with the ability to stop, open or close the window at any time hands free. Thanks to the easy access to #6 these great ideas just keep coming. :D

In stock *FREE SHIPPING*

Great reviews from an Overlander traveling in South America with strong local interest.

We just done sell products, through out the year we are testing, developing, and using all of our products in real world conditions.

Real testing in Anza Borrego State Park

IMG_2285.JPG

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've been living out of my 80 in Baja for the past few weeks. With a moto hanging off the 4x4Labs rear bumper, being able to get into the back through these hatches has been perfect.
I added a combo lock to mine so I can lock the keys inside when I'm kiteboarding.

View attachment 1205822 View attachment 1205823 I've been living out of my 80 in Baja for the past few weeks. With a moto hanging off the 4x4Labs rear bumper, being able to get into the back through these hatches has been perfect.
I added a combo lock to mine so I can lock the keys inside when I'm kiteboarding.

Thanks Brian for posting up your ultra cool set up:clap:
Nice to see another purpose built live in diesel 80 series rocking our window.
More info on the combo lock mod:cool:

Love mine! Now i just need to source a kick a$$ strut so when you push the button to unlock it, it raises up and holds in place. That would be super trick.

I can't wait to get one. This spring. This spring.

During my development of our flip up windows I saw a lot of interest in Safety glass as an option. They are now available from AUS. nicely price with present currency exchange rate. Our aluminum design is still much better priced than the Aus Version.

80 Series Land Cruiser

Flip up Windows parts cost break down for the DIY guys

$40 - Edge molding per window opening
$100 - Bubble molding needed per 1/8" panel
$37 - Hinges each
$50 - Latch each
$75 - Latch w/ rod each
$125 - Aluminum 5052 1/8" CNC cut panel, powder coated
$45 - Full size paper panel template

Always *FREE SHIPPING* never any hidden cost
Everything in stock

Email us for an invoice on parts
MNIMarketPlace@gmail.com

I'm a little confused. Are the above prices for replacement parts or do you not have a problem with guys using your design to build their on flip ups?

I'm a little confused. Are the above prices for replacement parts or do you not have a problem with guys using your design to build their on flip ups?

Both although no replacement parts have been needed so far. I have no problem helping out guys with skills or wanting to put there own spin on my product to suit them. Obviously I do not want people to use my parts offer to reproduce and sell any of my products.

I design and produce products first for my needs, engineer, test, and share the final results with all of you.

A person cannot make a living with the margins I use. Big reason why my windows are almost 1/2 the cost of others.

Both although no replacement parts have been needed so far. I have no problem helping out guys with skills or wanting to put there own spin on my product to suit them. Obviously I do not want people to use my parts offer to reproduce and sell any of my products.

I design and produce products first for my needs, engineer, test, and share the final results with all of you.

A person cannot make a living with the margins I use. Big reason why my windows are almost 1/2 the cost of others.

That's pretty cool. I've wanted one but funds are a little tight right now. So quick question, are the panels already shaped with the holes cut out for the latches or is it just a piece of flat stock aluminum powder coated?

And let me say "thanks" from the 80 series crowd!

That's pretty cool. I've wanted one but funds are a little tight right now. So quick question, are the panels already shaped with the holes cut out for the latches or is it just a piece of flat stock aluminum powder coated?

And let me say "thanks" from the 80 series crowd!
I think I might have answered my own question, I guess that's what the template is for huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom