REAR HATCH / DOOR LOCK Question - 1997 FzJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My '83 60 series has this key with TOYOTA stamped on it...:)

1687798422308.png

@ToyotaMatt - Ok, sooooo, how do I get my hand on one of the black keys? And I can just take it to get keyed per the key number on the Cruiser, correct?

1687799243283.png

@ToyotaMatt - Ok, sooooo, how do I get my hand on one of the black keys? And I can just take it to get keyed per the key number on the Cruiser, correct?

View attachment 3358456

Well .............?

sorta ....:)

As the OFFICAL : Keeper of the Codes ....

- a responsibility i take more then Serious ....

😇

i CAN Code Cut it for you via the W-series code you supplu me
in fact this IS how Serious i the Being The Keeper of the Codes 1962-1997 Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser ...

Here is what I would do.

Purchase a couple/few good 80 Series key blanks from Matt and take it to your local Toyota dealership Parts dept with VIn, your registration and ID.

Ask (possibly pay) them to pull the key code, I think most 97’s are still available and ask for the most experienced key cutter in parts to make you a new key or 2 Or 3! Trust me some people are great at this and some not!

Unfortunately if it works in all other lock cylinders and doesn’t work in the hatch, something (lock cylinder or hatch) has been changed most likely.

Here is what I would do.

Purchase a couple/few good 80 Series key blanks from Matt and take it to your local Toyota dealership Parts dept with VIn, your registration and ID.

Ask (possibly pay) them to pull the key code, I think most 97’s are still available and ask for the most experienced key cutter in parts to make you a new key or 2 Or 3! Trust me some people are great at this and some not!

Unfortunately if it works in all other lock cylinders and doesn’t work in the hatch, something (lock cylinder or hatch) has been changed most likely.

pay close ATTN, tho this TECH reel below , its focus is all things 80 series and KEYS and locks etc ...

i will make myself availve for TECH/ Q & A after this my Finest Hour as a Profressional Mechanical Artisan

i would never came close to bringing certian 80 only parts back ftom the DEAD new brave and bold ides too without your continued Inspitation and support ,,,

kindly , :)

matt

Here is what I would do.

why buy blanks from Matt but then trust the dealer to cut it? why not have Matt send keys cut to the cylinder code? turnkey operation...pun intended.

PM him your code, send money, and in the mail you will receive keys. you can do it in your underwear!

pay close ATTN, tho this TECH reel below , its focus is all things 80 series and KEYS and locks etc ...

i will make myself availve for TECH/ Q & A after this my Finest Hour as a Profressional Mechanical Artisan

i would never came close to bringing certian 80 only parts back ftom the DEAD new brave and bold ides too without your continued Inspitation and support ,,,

kindly , :)

matt

I'll try to grab the Key Code this weekend and then reach out.
Thanks!

why buy blanks from Matt but then trust the dealer to cut it? why not have Matt send keys cut to the cylinder code? turnkey operation...pun intended.

PM him your code, send money, and in the mail you will receive keys. you can do it in your underwear!
Well it didn’t involve removing the key cylinder and the truck and key cutter would be in the same location!

Yeah sure, you could possibly go to the dealer and they would pull the code, but if you weren’t buying anything or paying for a service, I am not sure all dealers would be as cooperative!

Plus, I love Matt and have bought many parts from him, but he is usually very busy and I wasn’t going to occupy any more of his time than necessary! He might be busy shipping out one of my orders!,LOL!,,,

Well it didn’t involve removing the key cylinder and the truck and key cutter would be in the same location!

Yeah sure, you could possibly go to the dealer and they would pull the code, but if you weren’t buying anything or paying for a service, I am not sure all dealers would be as cooperative!

Plus, I love Matt and have bought many parts from him, but he is usually very busy and I wasn’t going to occupy any more of his time than necessary! He might be busy shipping out one of my orders!,LOL!,,,
I'll try to grab the Key Code this weekend and then reach out.
Thanks!

this discussion is intriging , :)

also i should speak openly here due to our online Land Cruiser full service all things 80 Series anything globally Lock Smith shop and KEYS of the KINGDOM wonderland of OEM Wonder and beyond is in current PAUSE MODE due to us trying to catch up on the shipping out of all currect orders topic .......

make NO mistake this is our buisness modle since day 1 , if your trusting Erin and I with your 80 SERIES Keys and LOCKS , we are always thinking outside that JIS / JDM BOX ...

- WE DO NOT store or DATA-log any key codes ever , hard drive wipes its own AZZ daily of all that stuff ...:cool:

- we DO NOT Provide any KEY codes via 17 digit VIN # PERIOD ,

- please DON"T ASK us to breach the 2 rules i take pride in following , bottom line !

- HOWEVER , this is a UNIQUE topic to include a certain exception to the pure of all pure fair play ball we try hard at all the time to WIN each game ....

- if ANY Land Cruiser owner operator is l
ocked out or lost there 80 series keyz , i WILL Drop whatever i am doing even in PAUSE MODE , to speak to them by phone , confirm there W-SERIES factory hand stamped CODE many times hard to decipher , and also help them on step by steps of removing door card and outer handle AS REQUIRED to take photos of the CODE on passenger side door lock , then CODE cut the OEM or my reproduction KEYS , and mail out OVERNIGHT EXPRESS Mail EMS USPS PONY GiDDY UP Express mail ....

- this has indeed happend more then a few times in the last say ......8-10 years ....

- so that's how i ROLL on a exception case by case like that ....

- lastly , .....

- I am NEVER to busy to : but he is usually very busy and I wasn’t going to occupy any more of his time than necessary! He might be busy shipping out one of my orders!,LOL!,,,
discuss anyones current order they do not yet have in-hand ,
PLEASE .....:rolleyes:

-

DSCN9792.JPG

Last edited:
- I am NEVER to busy to : but he is usually very busy and I wasn’t going to occupy any more of his time than necessary! He might be busy shipping out one of my orders!,LOL!,,,
discuss anyones current order they do not yet have in-hand ,
PLEASE .....:rolleyes:

-

View attachment 3360544
I have everything in hand from last time, just need to make another order soon! LOL!

I was hoping to take a 30 day break from working on any of my cruisers, however the last TLCA event created new and/or sped up the timeline on a couple of items, you will likely hear from me soon!!!

Oh, thanks for all you do to help us out! Both our Cruisers as well as Prose and Verse!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom