Rear bumper and sliding glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 92 land cruiser! It came with some defects like the sun roof is completely cracked and I am wondering where I could possibly get a factory new one it does slide and work which is nice. The second part is I found a rear 5th wheel bumper kit for a GX470 would that fit for my land cruiser?

4D4C94EA-8DF4-4019-AA64-2FA34DEAF61B.jpeg

I just bought a 92 land cruiser! It came with some defects like the sun roof is completely cracked and I am wondering where I could possibly get a factory new one it does slide and work which is nice. The second part is I found a rear 5th wheel bumper kit for a GX470 would that fit for my land cruiser?

View attachment 2401744
Welcome! I'd look for a used sunroof glass from guys parting our rigs in the classified section here. You'll probably get a nice piece for a decent price. A rear bumper for a GX470 wont fit an 80 without modification... they are totally separate platforms. The LX450 is the same thing as the 80 series LC. Those often come up in the classified section as well.

View attachment 2401744
A fifth wheel bumper kit?

No, do NOT install a fifth wheel on these. A fifth wheel must be mounted in the bed of a truck in FRONT of the rear axle to distribute the load to the front axle.

A fifth wheel bumper kit?

No, do NOT install a fifth wheel on these. A fifth wheel must be mounted in the bed of a truck in FRONT of the rear axle to distribute the load to the front axle.
There is a significant amount of difference between the American version and Japanese version of these rigs where I couldn’t put the wheel on the back like they have them on the ones in Japan?

There is a significant amount of difference between the American version and Japanese version of these rigs where I couldn’t put the wheel on the back like they have them on the ones in Japan?
Are you referring to a Swing Out Spare Tire Mount or a Fifth Wheel Mount? Gigantic difference.

Blazer Fifth Wheel.jpg

No I meant a swing out wheel holder not anything like that picture lol sorry wrong wording! And this also means if I find one from a Lexus LX it would mount straight up?
The LX450 and the Toyota LC80 are the same vehicle with the exception of decorative doodads and some nuances.

There are so many variations of swing out tire carriers (non-factory) that you need to know more about the version.

The factory version has some reinforcement inside the D pillar to support it.

Thank you!Ya that’s definitely not what I meant so for future reference it’s just called a swing out tire?Nothing to do with it being the 5th or would it still be called a spare?
In the upper right corner, click on "search".

Enter: "Swing Out Rear Bumper" you will get many hits on other threads to see what has been done and who makes them.

Make sure to select "This Forum" or you will get versions for EVERY model of LC.

First, congrats on the cruiser purchase and welcome to the forum :flipoff2:

Here's the next question - any particular reason you are looking for a swing out? If you need one you'll know because the spare tire will no longer fit in the stock location.

First, congrats on the cruiser purchase and welcome to the forum :flipoff2:

Here's the next question - any particular reason you are looking for a swing out? If you need one you'll know because the spare tire will no longer fit in the stock location.
Thank you! And I have the spare tire underneath but I absolutely love the look of the swing out tire on these that’s one of the many reasons I bought this

Nothing wrong with looking cool - but keep in mind you have to swing it out every time you open the back hatch and tailgate.

I have a sunroof glass. And there's a bunch of folks here in CA who part out regularly. However, shipping might be cost prohibitive.
Check the classified section above and the clubhouse. I'm sure there are people in WA that part out.

Nothing wrong with looking cool - but keep in mind you have to swing it out every time you open the back
I have a sunroof glass. And there's a bunch of folks here in CA who part out regularly. However, shipping might be cost prohibitive.
Check the classified section above and the clubhouse. I'm sure there are people in WA that part out.
how much are you selling it for?

@BILT4ME The only problem with that picture of the 5th wheel blazer is that he should have used airbags to help it ride level. haha. world says dangerous.... that person says genius!

I wonder if there is video of that person trying to stop that thing....

I can choose to be appalled or amused.... haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom