Rear Brake Shoe & Front Sway Bar Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing an Old Man Emu kit on my 1984 FJ60 and have a question on my front sway bar linkage. Whoever had the truck before me just used some long bolts for the linkage and they bent. They weren't even the same length! Anyway before I go and order a new set of sway bar links, will they fit onto my truck with the lift kit installed?

Also does anyone know what the minimum thickness is for the rear brake shoes? Since I was already back there I popped the drums off to check out the shoes. They look like they've got a fair amount of meat left on them but I'm sure there is a set minimum out there. If they need replacing I can order them the same time as the sway bar links and save on some shipping which is why I'm asking for this info at the same time.

3CECD39A-258C-4C81-963F-8218A11209E4_zpsmk78tzdn.jpg

I put on the Sway bar End Links from Man a Fre after I installed my lift. I'm happy with them.

Maximum internal diameter of the rear brake drum per the FSM is 297 mm (11.693 in). Minimum brake show lining thickness is 1.5 mm (0.059 in).

Hi, I'd also look at the inside of the drums for being out of round. Mike

Maximum internal diameter of the rear brake drum per the FSM is 297 mm (11.693 in). Minimum brake show lining thickness is 1.5 mm (0.059 in).
I'm in the final stages of cleaning up my '86 FJ60 brake drums, one has just come out of a 1-week bath in EvapoRust. I was rinsing out the inside of the drum and was scrubbing it with a wire brush, when I noticed something cast into the drum: MAX.DIA.297MM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom