rear body mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_3136.webp


Was a compound angle

IMG_3140.webp


I used four pieces to make the connection.

IMG_3144.webp


IMG_3143.webp


Now I have to weld to the box. Will have very little painting to do, as the box is nicely powder coated.

Think that’s gonna do it.
 
Hope that is going to fix the power problem. Just have to try Vegas again in the heat of the day. Would love to get the 119 outside temp.

Next is to figure out why my AC compressor kept cycling on and off, never giving me the much needed cooling. When I went home last time at 5am, when it was 80*, the ac worked great! Really needed it when it was 119!!!
 
Some of them have drainage around the joints and small holes at the bottom for drainage. Mine is more passive, but the front facing scoops act like air rams which might help your air delivery when driving - two might be even better :)

View attachment 4205834

Who makes those? I was having trouble finding one that would work for a 4” air intake, or even a 55. The idea of having air rammed in makes me happy.
Two would be a bit much, visually. I am struggling with one.
 
I bought mine of ebay i think years ago, it's a 70 series snorkle that required a bit of heat and bending along the fender to fit, not a lot, but some shaping - the top on mine is the hat shape as opposed to ram, but they are easily swapped.. old pic, but you can see the ripple on the top back as i was shaping/fitting:

20201104_184127.webp
 
What baffles are you referring to?
On a 71 there are two baffles in between the upper fender. I holesawed some air holes in mine. I believe the water comes in the open vent and can run down towards the front and out. I was just thinking with a large open vent, the water might not be able to settle down and run out before going into your air intake.
 
Some of them have drainage around the joints and small holes at the bottom for drainage. Mine is more passive, but the front facing scoops act like air rams which might help your air delivery when driving - two might be even better :)

View attachment 4205834
What in the AI cornbread is this???
 
Back
Top Bottom