Rear air bag question/spring conversion question! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 03 gx470 and the suspension just gave out. The air compressor doesn't air up the rear air bags anymore. I order 5100's already and have rear springs out of a 04 4runner, do I need metal techs rear conversion kit or can I get away with just what I have? The reason I'm asking is because I'm suppose to head out on a week long off roading with my gx this weekend but now I'm concerned metal techs conversion kit won't make it here by the end of the week. Thanks so much for any help!

You need the conversion kit or something functionally equivalent.

Yep, need something to hold the bottom of the rear spring in place.

Just call metal tech.

Yep, going to need the kit, we just did 1 of these last night.
Pretty easy install if you have jack stands and a floor jack.

I have seen it mentioned that the 4Runner springs are soft, does this apply to the front as well as the rear? I have been watching CL for any TRD takeoff's and had one pop up recently that I was thinking about picking up. I figured I could get a set of the airlift helper bags for when I was towing, or is it more like an all the time issue?

I just ordered the Bilstein 6112 fronts for the 4runner, which are 600# coils, so hopefully they are NOT too soft on my 2005 GX470. Got them through MTR. If I was custom building I would have ordered 700# coils but the price was too good on the 6112's. So when I get my bumper and winch early next spring, they me be up for sale.

Thanks so much for the help! The metal tech kit just got here now waiting for the shocks. I'll post pics of how the 4runner springs sit.

4 runner springs new or used? If they're used, don't even waste your time installing them, it'll ride like a bag of dicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom