Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just picked up a 1990 Hilux Surf 4x4 with the 2L-TE as my daily driver. Drove Richmond - Dallas - New York with no problems other than a slight blowy that I believe was a preexisting problem. It's not serious but I suppose will requite a total overhaul to really fix it. It's stock right now, but I'm going to waterless coolant, installing an oil pan heater and rad heater for the winter up here and eventually an intercooler. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for y'all as I go down the road!

1976337_orig.jpg

6613661_orig.jpg

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

Did you buy that in Richmond VA?! If so I saw that truck in person and yes it was so damn clean! Wish I had the need for it haha

Sent from my iPhone

Did you buy that in Richmond VA?! If so I saw that truck in person and yes it was so damn clean! Wish I had the need for it haha

Sent from my iPhone
Yea I got it from Japanese Classics there. It is superbly clean. I always expect it to be a little rougher than the ads but this was way better than the pictures showed. Not even any stains on the carpets!
Sadly there was a bad grinding noise coming form the front left wheel the other day so I had to drop it off at a local shop. They're trying to get to the bottom of it but they're taking their damn time... Other than that though the car has been great!

Yeah they are a great bunch of guys there, bought some parts for my Lexus from them and took a tour of the establishment , really cool cars! Glad it went to a good home!

Sent from my iPhone

Here's my 92 that was a daily/weekend destroyer for years, as well as my new purchase, an 87 22r swapped pickup. Nicki (92) is stock as stock gets, but it will do anything and everything the expensive rigs do, no matter how bad she's limping she'll get where she's going. Once she was even struck by lightning and drove home.
image.jpeg
The 87 hasn't been thoroughly examined yet, still need to put an exhaust together, get the right starter bolts and bleed the clutch, PO was not a thorough person... Plans in the future for a very mild taught build.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just bought and hauled home this beauty from Montana. I had it detailed and stripes removed and plan on powder coating wheels ,lift kit and image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg adding 31" BFG all terrains. Truck is an 83 non sr5 with 5 speed and power steering 146000 with original paint

Here is my daily driver. 1985 4runner sr5 Goodies included are;Lc Engineering performance EFI head ,street cam ,dual timing chain&cover,bored throttle body,Doug Thorley header&custom exhuast,4:88 gears,ARB locker rear,Detriot trutrac front,3 inch Downey lift,33 inchx10.50sBFG KM2s, Supra air flow meter,carbon fiber reinforced hardtop for custom roof rack,carbon fiber junction box for snorkel and way more.Ok air cleaner junc.&rear wiper cover.fiberglass hardtop I painted white after sanding carbon fiber so its hard to get a good pic.but the roof rack held my Hannibal rooftop tent with me and my daughter no problem.hardtop has been a lot of work and is still under construction.
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

Last edited:
@flintstone40 Lets see a close up of that carbon fiber work! Or a build thread...

My other toy is still under construction engine&tranny are going in soon.1966 fj40 3 speed, Ranger 3 tourqe splitter,tran case with pto drive,chevy bell housing,mercedes 5 cylinder om617 motor,disc brakes, vintage air,powdercoated hardtop&doors,have not decided on axels yet.

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

@flintstone40 You have a sweet 4runner, a 40, and a VW Thing? Sweet.

Newb from GA here.
85 truck bought from a friend about a year ago. Been upgrading and wheeling since day one. This is the most recent pic. It's under the knife now. I'll post new pics soon.

About me: 42 year old guy that love wheelin' camping and ice cold beer!

Glad to be here image.jpeg

My truck is an 80' model short bed. Engine swap about 95% done.
1UZ-FE V8 with W56 trans and Centerforce clutch, summit rear-mounted radiator with Lincoln Mk 8 fan, remote oil filter/cooler, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Dual RF1A cases with 23 spline/4.7 in rear unit, HD detent springs , square-tube driveshafts with later high-angle joints.
Front axle-RCV shafts, ARB, trussed, gusseted, V6 third, 5.29 Yukon gears, 1.5 spacers, diff armor
Rear axle-IFS width housing with V6 third, 5.29 Yukon gears, Yukon Grizzly,diff armor
63' chevy rear springs, RUF main leaf with YJ secondary leafs, Cheap shocks for now, roughly 4" lift
IFS steering box, Hi-steer setup from TG, HD steering fluid cooler
Custom utility bed with side-rails, front Superwinch 9500 and rear MM SEC 8000, 3 gal comp. air tank
Cobra 29 LTD NW CB, Autometer gauges with warning light panel, emergency lights with select-pattern, 23" light bar
Cheap summit racing plastic seats (they've held up well), still need harnesses
35x12.50 BFG KM2's on black 15" summit steel wheels
TG center skid/crossmember

IMG_20150418_163842.jpg

1uz e.jpg

1988 4Runner SR5 V6 5spd. All stock except for 31" tires and after-market wheels. Bought it on craigslist a few days ago for $1700. I had a mint 89 years ago and decided to get back in an old 4Runner. Truck has zero rust! Plans are replace all ruined interior parts, straighten body out, and give a full restoration. Has 300k miles, motor is rebuilt, front end is rebuilt.
12745434_10206253406923095_1403596547852743577_n.jpg
12688035_10206253408163126_1281105456890066264_n.jpg

Decided I've abused my cruisers on firewood duty enough so I picked up a poo brown 86 with 22re for firewood and winter daily driver, that is once its running again. Actually got the 88 first with burnt #6 exhaust valve. I was going to fix it, but never warmed up to the V6, so it'll be parts donor.

IMG_3865a.jpg

DSC_0041a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom