Rain gutter and roof hardware touch up paint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hamishpotter

SILVER Star
Threads
Have used search and Beno is on vacatio . Does anyone have a link or resource for the (matte) black roof hardware paint? I say matte because mine seems pretty matte, but OEM may not be.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I've missed a previously covered thread.

J

Paint, not Seam sealer.

Thanks!

I was wondering about this too. Anyone have an answer? The rain gutter paint to me seems pretty thick and more pliable than the body paint. It also seems different than the roof hardware paint "like what is used on the spoiler."

What "roof hardware" are you taking about? The metal trim that is clipped on the gutters?

The paint in the roof gutters is the same paint that's everywhere else, just over top of seam sealer.

"Duplicolor Trim Paint" is a nice durable matte black.
image.jpeg

Thanks, perhaps it is the seam sealer that makes the paint seem thicker and more pliable.

Another question - do other people have a "chrome" looking exposed area running along the top of the rain gutter or is that suppose to be painted black?

I picked up the black touch-up from Beno. It's a bit tedius to apply so something sprayable might be better.

J

I picked up the black touch-up from Beno. It's a bit tedius to apply so something sprayable might be better.

J

Is the paint different than the what is on the spoiler? Looking at my rails the black paint definitely looks different than the other black pieces of the landcruiser. It seems thicker and has some very fine sparkle to it.

Is the paint different than the what is on the spoiler? Looking at my rails the black paint definitely looks different than the other black pieces of the landcruiser. It seems thicker and has some very fine sparkle to it.

Let me take a look at the practice spot I applied it to when back at my truck. That's the top of the rain gutters. It did not seem ideal for that location. I put one coat on an area will see how it turned out.

j

That would be great. Thanks.

The rain gutter has a black plastic coated stainless steel piece that snaps on the gutter. About $90 per side at the dealership.

I peeled my gutter trim off and never looked back. The paint under it is body colored and cleaned up nice. The top of mine was turning chrome as well and looking pretty ratty. When i pulled it off, there was a lot of dirt and grit underneath. Some paint had worn away at the lower part of the windshield frame as well. I like the look better with it off and knowing there is one less spot for cancer to start. I cant help with paint suggestion though.

The rain gutter has a black plastic coated stainless steel piece that snaps on the gutter. About $90 per side at the dealership.

Ah...that clarifies it. I was wondering if there was some sort of attatchment piece that was there. It looked that way but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

I peeled my gutter trim off and never looked back. The paint under it is body colored and cleaned up nice. The top of mine was turning chrome as well and looking pretty ratty. When i pulled it off, there was a lot of dirt and grit underneath. Some paint had worn away at the lower part of the windshield frame as well. I like the look better with it off and knowing there is one less spot for cancer to start. I cant help with paint suggestion though.

You didn't happen to take any pictures of it when you took it off did you? Would you mind taking a picture of what it looks like now that it is off? I am curious how it looks. My guess is that is doesn't look much different but am not sure what is the rain gutter and what is the piece that snaps onto it.

Its been a few years since i pulled it off . I think i started at the rear and just pried the bottom out and up. It came off easy and i actually snapped it back on in reverse order before finally removing them completly.

I cant seem to attach a file using my phone due to low memory. I will have to get it done for you later.

here are some photos.

20160713_155057.jpg

20160713_155124.jpg

20160713_155245.jpg

so the 'snap-on's are just for cosmetics then?
Like the paint-job. Are you white up top and green the rest?
Can you show more pics of the (overall) truck
so no issues in taking off the attachments ?

The trim pieces are cosmetic only. The gutter is the same color as the rest of the truck (in my case Dark Metallic Emerald Green, see my avatar)

Great, thanks for the pictures. What is the white that we are seeing on the gutters on your rig now? It looks like some sort of plastic or other material slipped over the rain gutters to protect the gutter from the roof rack mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom