Radio Delete Fender Plug (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Might also be able to use a BMX headset cap, depending on diameter. I used one to delete the rear wiper on one of my old cars.

EDIT: actually they just sell wiper delete plugs now... nice and round.

Might also be able to use a BMX headset cap, depending on diameter.
I like they way you think. I have more (lots and lots more) bike parts than truck parts. I have an entire bin dedicated to rubber/plastic mounting hardware, clamps, gaskets, bands, etc.). But, the fender hole is an ellipse and all of my bike stuff is round. Well, the new aero bike has a weird shaped headset, but not close.

My bikes even kicked the Land Cruiser out of the garage. I know... heresy.
IMG_2691.jpeg

Same. Immediate priority was filling the hole. Now, there’s no rush.

Remember - it’s not round. It’s an ellipse. That’s like an oval without the parallel sides ;)

Here's a fun idea. Get one of these (made for a Tundra):
1582469188541.png

Amazon product ASIN B07C7YFBP3
And then put as many blinking multi-color LED in there as will fit in the hole and pot it with clear epoxy. Make it look like some kind of scary alarm system. I've done this before and the effect is really cool because each of the LED's change at a slightly different speed and they are out of sync.

Here's an interesting self-color-changing LED you could use: Amazon product ASIN B07FD8GKWW
I just had the body shop remove the antenna hole on my diesel model 81 because it was on the wrong side (the truck is a RHD to LHD conversion), or I would do this myself!

I'm one of the few who believe RGB LED's belong in computer builds, not on vehicles.

I'm one of the few who believe RGB LED's belong in computer builds, not on vehicles.
There I have to disagree with you Se7. Here is our 'TARDIS Car' entry in one of the pinewood derbies years ago. And the TARDIS is definitely a 'vehicle'.
1582481477744.png

1582481511129.png

We won first prize, but not for speed. Unfortunately the batteries got left in and so the holder needs replacing, but it had 3 muticolor LEDs potted in that thing at the top of the TARDIS, and it was really cool.

Last edited:
There I have to disagree with you Se7. Here is our 'TARDIS Car' entry in one of the pinewood derbies years ago. And the TARDIS is definitely a 'vehicle'.
View attachment 2219646
View attachment 2219648
We one first prize, but not for speed. Unfortunately the batteries got left in and so the holder needs replacing, but it had 3 muticolor LEDs potted in that thing at the top of the TARDIS, and it was really cool.
Why is it in the sink?

I don't want an antenna - just bluetooth and XM.
Rumor has it, when a Pickup was ordered without a radio, there was still a hole in the fender... just plugged with a little black, rubber plug.
So now, I'm trying to find a "radio delete fender plug" and having no luck. Any idea where I could find that thing?
My ebaygoogle searching has failed me.

View attachment 2205462
I really don't want put an antenna there just to keep the fender from filling with water.