Radiators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Didn’t want to hijack other threads. Looking for a new radiator for my early 69 with a 1F. Lots of aftermarket companies advertise theirs fit 1958-1984. Would that mean an OEM through those years fit an early 40? Definitely would rather have an OEM for my 1F.

I put a csf radiator in my ‘71. I’m happy with it.

681E4FC0-DC3C-436A-AA84-4E5D4686892B.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure OEM will work

So this would work for my pre 3/69? It says 1975-1984. I’m not sure what parts are compatible for different years, learning as I go!

So this would work for my pre 3/69? It says 1975-1984. I’m not sure what parts are compatible for different years, learning as I go!

75 is when they went from a 3 core to a 4 core radiator I believe. I'm running one from a 75+ in my 74.

the 16400-49356 was a perfect fit in my Jan 73 FJ40..

If you decide to buy it on line, you have to make sure the supplier REMOVES THE DRAIN COCK from the radiator box and either wraps it up in bubble wrap and a yard of packing tape, then puts it back in the box, or ship it separately.

The drain cock has a nasty habit of "migrating" out of its partition and bashing the hell out of the radiator fins.

16100-49356 will work in all 40 series applications.

Slight modifications to the radiator bracket might be needed depending on year and/or configuration.

It's the best radiator for the 40 series platform out there. And it's OEM T.Rad.

Why a new radiator?
I found the good radiator shop in town here, he's been there forever. He matched the 3-row core in my '74 FJ55 (slightly harder to find new on-line) perfectly. Soldered it all up securely and painted it shiny black. It fit, of course, because it's original.

Why a new radiator?
I found the good radiator shop in town here, he's been there forever. He matched the 3-row core in my '74 FJ55 (slightly harder to find new on-line) perfectly. Soldered it all up securely and painted it shiny black. It fit, of course, because it's original.
Who'd you use and how much? Up here (Ft. COllins) we don't have a shop[ that will touch it and the one in Chey-town want more to rebuild than I can get the new from Toyota...

Who'd you use and how much?
There's a little shop in Commerce City that I've used before, forget the name, can get it tomorrow, IIRC it was 400 bucks. They matched the 3 row core perfectly and did a really nice job of it. I've always had trouble with the top seam leaking on the stock Toyota radiators, not anymore.

Onur said:
"16100-49356 will work in all 40 series applications.
Slight modifications to the radiator bracket might be needed depending on year and/or configuration. "

Does it apply for the 3B equipped 40 series too? 🤔
Given that the OEM part for these Cruisers (BJ42, 45 etc) is not available anymore, it could be really good news...

=====
1984 BJ42, frame-off restored, 4E9 Toyo beige
1983 BJ45, resto project

Onur said:
"16100-49356 will work in all 40 series applications.
Slight modifications to the radiator bracket might be needed depending on year and/or configuration. "

Does it apply for the 3B equipped 40 series too? 🤔
Given that the OEM part for these Cruisers (BJ42, 45 etc) is not available anymore, it could be really good news...

=====
1983 BJ45, resto project

No. The inlet and the outlet are on the incorrect sides.

You would need to get a 16400-49356 then take it to a radiator shop who can take the inlet and outlet and place them correctly for B series engines.

If a rad shop can do the 16400-49356 conversion job, that's really good news: we remain OEM!
Thank you dear Onur! :)

=====
1983 BJ45, resto projec

...und sehr schön beim OEM zu bleiben!
Greetings from Cairo!

=====
1983 BJ45, resto projec

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back