Radiator Decisions (replacement) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as the title reads, I'm I'm the market for a replacement radiator.

After reading a bunch of threads, it seems that KOYO is hit or miss , let alone I can't seem to find one less than $400.

My local Toyota dealer quoted $470 yet I've found an OEM radiator for $325. And it seems the CSF one has a good rep and I found it for $300.

Looking for input on which route to go ... Marginal difference for OEM, only difference from what I've found is that the CSF tanks are metal vs plastic.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
P.s. if anyone knows a better deal on a radiator, feel free to point me in that direction.

Haven't heard much about this one, but Denso is in Toyota Family of companies.
http://Almost all are made in 3rd W...info.php?pk=499703&cc=1276668&jnid=472&jpid=3
Almost all are made in 3rd World not Japan.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=499703&cc=1276668&jnid=472&jpid=3

Denso is the OEM supplier for the AC Condensor if that carries any weight.

You can find Rock 5% off coupon with Google Search. They run coupon monthly.
That would put this at $258 plus shipping.

I bought the Koyo open box off Amazon but I'm not gonna tell you what I paid....but you can find if your eager.

I have never had a bad Denso Part.

Some have ordered the TYC and gotten a Koyo, lots are running the TYC with 0 issues.

I run a Koyo with plastic tanks with no issues and have for several years. In Phoenix if that makes any difference.

After 18 years and 270k miles my oem gave up. Had no issues replacing it with another oem unit and expecting the same.

If budget allows I'd spring for it. And no way would I play close to oem price for csf.

If the OEM is only $25 more than a CSF and you can afford it its a no brainer. I just did my 97 a few months back with brand new OEM and the quality is exceptional. You can tell right away when you unbox it that its no cheap piece of $hit. Plus the peace of mind, you know its going to be good, you don't need to ponder over countless reviews on multiple sights.

My truck had a Koyo radiation in it when I bought it last year. It was only a few months old when I got it. I was having cooling issues. From what I was able to find there are a couple different Koyos that will work and one is better than the other. That said, I don't know which one I had nor do I know if either one would be adequate. I replaced it with OEM and my temps have been great since. I'd suggest OEM if you can do it.

I had the original in my '97 let go after 18 years so I went with a Toyota unit, except that I went with the older 3 row unit.

Thanks everyone for the input. Seems like I'll be going OEM. Seems like of all systems, cooling is one I shouldn't mess with, especially since I did the HG awhile back. Hate to do that all over again, bleh.

Please do yourself and your truck a favor and opt for OEM radiator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom