Wanted PTO Winch TEQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Wanted: Genuine Toyota/TEQ 40 series PTO Winch parts or a complete setup to suit 1981-84 4 speed transfer case.

Screenshot_20220503-130529_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220504-200333_Messenger.jpg

Your picture PTO is for the 11/84+ single direction. These have a different worm gear in the winch itself. Mated to the 40 series winch forward gears in the transmission will cable out. Only reverse gear will cable in.

There are two different split case PTOs used in the 40 series. With a four speed either will work. With a five speed the 10/82+ move the shift lever moves to the front side of the PTO to accommodate the longer five speed.
Here are three different PTOs used in the 40 series. This is for information only none are for sale.
IMG_20191229_172509044.jpg

Coupd you tell me if this setup will work? I don't mind having to customise the shafts, brackets and control linkages. As long as the winch, gearbox and lever will work.

Screenshot_20220505-013415_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-013425_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-013434_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-013443_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-013452_Facebook.jpg

If I had to guess I would say that winch is off a 60 series with an automatic transmission. Csn see the bottom part of the shifter is forward. Manual transmission is further back. Here is the shifter and driveshaft from an 84 HJ47RV. The second pillow block bearing closer to the PTO started 10/82 the same time that style shifter started. 8/80-9/82 shifter operated by cable.

016.JPG
022.JPG

I also have this one made by thomas winches australia. Does it look right? Have all the other parts for it just set on genuine at the moment

Your picture PTO is for the 11/84+ single direction. These have a different worm gear in the winch itself. Mated to the 40 series winch forward gears in the transmission will cable out. Only reverse gear will cable in.

There are two different split case PTOs used in the 40 series. With a four speed either will work. With a five speed the 10/82+ move the shift lever moves to the front side of the PTO to accommodate the longer five speed.
Here are three different PTOs used in the 40 series. This is for information only none are for sale

Here are three different PTOs used in the 40 series. This is for information only none are for sale.
View attachment 3000121

Screenshot_20220505-064058_Messenger.jpg

I also have this one made by thomas winches australia. Does it look right? Have all the other parts for it just set on genuine at the moment

View attachment 3000422

Sorry not familiar with Thomas winches. The lower set of bolts on the sides are across from each and offset on the earlier one piece transfer case. This one looks to be for the split case. This PTO seems to be a single direction like the factory split case PTO. Would assume would work with a Thomas. Which direction the cable would move in forward gears is the question. On the single direction factory PTO the exposed gear directly drive the gear on output shaft. On the Teo direction PTO the cable in direction works thru a small idler gear. That is why the two factory versions work the opposite direction in forwards. If the Thomas PTO is direction gear to gear or idler in the middle would determine which version factory you would mate it with.

Would you have any example photos of all the correct parts I need for the 81 hj47 4 speed pickup? I'm having a lot of trouble establishing exactly what I l need to be looking for as there are so many different combinations. Just trying to avoid buying parts uneccessarily and having $ tied up in parts I don't need.

Would you have any example photos of all the correct parts I need for the 81 hj47 4 speed pickup? I'm having a lot of trouble establishing exactly what I l need to be looking for as there are so many different combinations. Just trying to avoid buying parts uneccessarily and having $ tied up in parts I don't need.

I Have YOUR NOS PTO GEAR for Your Split transfer-case too .... :cool:

Please PM me for further details and to discuss

Thanks ..

35239EC9-682E-412C-87F3-63D6C277B48A.jpeg
8A74D009-177B-449A-B4CF-743DE8F13707.jpeg

I Have YOUR NOS PTO GEAR for Your Split transfer-case too .... :cool:

Please PM me for further details and to discuss

Thanks ..

View attachment 3002506View attachment 3002507

Matt unlike the US market Australia had them standard verses the spacer we got. Interesting my 88 FJ62 transmission and transfer case I have has the PTO gear. With the twin CATs a PTO can't be mounted.

Last edited:

The lower PTO in post #2 and the two pictures in post #5 came out of the wrecked 84 HJ47RV in post #6. There are two brackets not pictured I do have for the pillow block bearing. It been questioned if the fine spline on the PTO end of the driveshaft is original. The U joint between the PTO and driveshaft is fine spline and not any other application that would be used on.

Matt unlike the US market Australia had them standard verses the space we got. Interesting my 88 FJ62 transmission and transfer case I have has the PTO gear. With the twin CATs a PTO can't be mounted.

this is a interesting topic for sure John , :)

- why did AU spec. 1981 HJ47 come pre-installed w/ my NOS PTO gear above ?

- i think everyone would like @47cruiser to take detailed up close photos of his said possible Factory PLANT A-11 PTO original gear and show us this is indeed the case here ........

- in fact i will bet the PTO BLOCK off PLATE has not even been removed yet either .........

- John, I have ALL the various complete microfiche diagrams , a copy of the Dealership Installation Manual for the LATER most modern 40 series PTO port / dealer installed kit option , too , it's in Farsi / Arabic too , but diagrams are diagrams .....

- i also have more then a few live still shots of this kit installed complete push locking button on stick to the SIDE Inner MID SECTION Frame Rail Pillow Block set up as the propeller shaft angles and jogs back and forth prior to the cross member thu hole Penetration and final coupling shaft flange to winch itself mating flange rear side facing the engine bay ............

- some may wonder why i am going in-depth TECH Wise here ?

- WHY ?
🤔

- Because yesterday , i received a Vial PM message from the thread starter here for reasons i simply do not understand ?

- i took clear screen shots of it all too ,

- i will simply CAUTION any fellow members from engaging in any type of transaction here ..........

enough said ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom