Builds Project Code Name "ASAP Flaps" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the passenger rear. There is some interference between the top of the BIO bumper wing and the edge of the mudflap but if I put two spacers on the upper mount, then there is enough flexibility to get it all to mount with just a little bend in the outboard, upper part of the mudflap. I took a bunch of photos but am too lazy to upload them right now.

Last edited:
It's getting so close! @marcfj60 has a kit in his possession to test with the BIOR rear bumper. I'm going to need someone with a slee rear for testing too (discounted price).

I just met with a textile manufacturer this morning for bags and also learned they have a water jet that doesn't get used often. Depending on pricing, having everything jetted locally will likely speed things up.

I'm thinking about doing a 5 or so run at a huge discount in the very near future with the homemade bags I have available.

@Ramathorn15 .... keep me in mind. I have a BIOR and would love some flaps :)

Thanks for the interest everyone!

So, as of this min it looks like stock and dissent will work without modification (Ben thinks his new bumper will be the same fit).

BIOR looks like it will work, but will require some extra spacers and may still not be quite as easy to remove/put on.

Slee looks to be the most challenging and would likely require one to drill holes in to the bumper to hang the brackets and thus the flap.

I've been sitting on 5 kits worth of supplies for probably about 6 months now so what I've decided is to offer those 5 at an introductory price.

I will market them as "may require modification to fit the various aftermarket rear bumpers" and leave it up to the buyer to determine if it's worth trying.

I would love to see someone make them fit on a slee, but understand that drilling holes in an expensive bumper without a guarantee that it's going to work is a hurdle.

Since there's only 5 and there seems to be a decent bit of demand, here how this is going to work. Go to my site here and sign up for my mailing list. I'm going to send an email announcing when the 5 kits will go live on my website. I imagine it will be Sunday, but I need to make sure I have everything in order before then.

If you don't get in on the first 5, don't panic. I will do the next 5 or so at a slightly increases price shortly after.

Sorry for all the delay. I work a full time job and really want to be patient and get these right as the 100 series is hopefully just the beginning for flaps.

Thanks everyone!

- Rami

Happy Friday!

IMG_20181207_204447_068.jpg

Everyone must be so much faster than me. I was camping out the buy button for these at 8:00, but I never got a chance to purchase it. Post some pictures up on how they look when you get them.

I think I got a set, I am pretty good on getting limited quantity stuff. Set my watch alarm for 7:58 and started to refresh the page and used the paypal check out.

Dangit! Been waiting for these for a LOOONG time. Picked the wrong weekend to go camping with no internet access :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom