Project Blanca 1974 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brakes! I swapped out the booster for the brakes since it had a vacuum leak. Now it almost stops TO well. I was told I need a portioning valve so hopefully that shouldn’t be too hard. I’m starting to get a more complete list started of everything I want to do and it’s starting to get daunting.

• OME suspension With maybe a front shackle reversal, needing opinions on that
•H55 with split case
•Cummins 2.8 swap
•Winch
•Bumpers
•16” wheels
•Get the soft top patched in a spot or two,
•Replace dash pad with tray
•Center console
•Radio

B7F9636A-C034-4041-90A5-BFB1F0E0EA69.jpeg

So quick update. I made a very similar post as above on FB and there were so many nitwits that said “just thrash on it brotha”. 1 I don’t like to thrash, it tears up my roads more (inner rancher).

BUT WAIT!!!
what does not being able to get over an Obstacle mean?
UPGRADES!

On the way I have an Old Man Emu 2.5” deluxe lift, tie rod ends, center Arm rebuild kit, from cruiser outfitters. I also Bought a Warn 8274 winch that’s brand new, mud flaps with the TEQ and Toyota on it in yellow, a con ferr grill guard,and wire mesh headlight rock guards. Most of that came from the classifieds here on Mud.

Hopefully all will be in soon and I’ll post some pictures And hopefully touch on how I did certain things. Who knows, I may just do it and forget to take pictures or tell y’all what I did.

Well it’s been a while, but I’ve gotten a lot of good things done.
The manual steering has all brand new tie rods,
the wiring problem with the alternator is fixed,
New alternator
Drive belt
Voltage regulator
OME lift kit,
small coolant leak fixed,
A Petronix solid state pickup coil was installed
New speedo cable
Sending unit fixed
Drag link rebuild
New battery
New fuse box/ board thing (where glass fuses go)
New spark plugs and wires
Properly timed and carb tuned by a professional shop

I would go so far as to say that this is as solid as this machine has been in 30 years or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom