Builds Project 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am running the TRD Pro Bilsteins… IMO the best single bolt on going. Any Tundra shock can be run with the arms.

The sway bar mounts move from the inside of the bar ends to the outside, pretty simple. I'll post pictures.

Unfortunately, yes, 35's will likely hit the fender with the extra width. We should work on a solution.

Since the 200 CV axles were removed so the longer Tundra units could be swapped in, I decided it's a good time to install the 4.30 diffs.

Oh boy,
Look what Brian sent me.....
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430602505.362619.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430602516.417508.jpg

Brian, I'm in Australia & about to buy a 200 (for the wife). Since we don't have any Tundras is it possible for you to do up a kit with all that is required for me to achieve what you have with yours & send over to Australia so I can fit it all up including shocks

Brooksy

Too bad toyota stopped selling the TRD pro shocks for now. Only will sell it to trd pro vin number trucks.

I just had a moment

Brian, with the Tundra arms and tundra-length struts, how many inches of lift are you measuring?

I have yet to measure, but looking at it, I'd say 2.5" - 3". There are two clip positions for the lower spring perch, the drivers side is set to the upper position, and the passenger side to the lower. This is how they come from Toyota…. this may need to be switched around depending on the lean from the KDSS.

Thanks, Brian.

Since Toyota won't sell the Tundra TRD Pro suspension to just anyone, do you think there's a chance that Bilstein would sell TRD Pro spec set ups without the TRD badging?

So today I got around to pulling the rear axle shafts… and lo and behold, the axle shafts are splined to accept the factory e-locker! A minor notch in the housing, a few longer studs, slam it home, and wire it up.

It's designed to fit the e-locker but where can we (US Market) buy an e-locker?

Is the 4.3 e-Locker meant for the Tundra? I think all 2008+ LCs and LXs have a 3.91 ratio.

No, this is not for the Tundra, which when equipped with a 9.5" axle, is never equipped with 4.30 gears. Those will also have the smaller V8 or now discontinued V6 and use 3.90 or 4.10. Only the 5.7 V8 vehicles w/ tow package received the 4.30 with their 10.5" diff. This is actually a real 200 series 4.30 e-locker. Toyota offers it as a replacement for the early USA spec 4.30 equipped 100 Series with e-locker rears... They have superseded out to it. Yes, all USA 570 and 200 vehicles have 3.91 as stock. Front Tundra 4.30 diffs, which will drop right in, are easy to come by new and used, and will complete the package. Sorry for yammering on. :)

Man this build is awesome. It really is sad that the 100 series and the early Tundra front ends didn't have more in common... This seems like a no brainer over a standard lift for 200 owners. This didn't require changing the gearing right? You elected for that because of the rear diff elocker gearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom