Procar 90 Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have installed the Procar 90 seats, did you go with Procar’s seat brackets or Bills @ cumminscruiser@sbcglobal.net and would you order them again?

I have seats to install in a 1972 FJ40, just trying to figure the best mounting options.

If you have installed the Procar 90 seats, did you go with Procar’s seat brackets or Bills @ cumminscruiser@sbcglobal.net and would you order them again?

I have seats to install in a 1972 FJ40, just trying to figure the best mounting options.

I bought the Procar brackets for my (late tub) 1980, and they were very poorly made and needed modification to work. If there is a different option then I recommend you take it.

in a 72 your going to be custom anyway, the brackets are for later tubs.

i had made my own for a 75.......ended going with oe seats

13seatB.jpg

I bought the Procar brackets for my (late tub) 1980, and they were very poorly made and needed modification to work. If there is a different option then I recommend you take it.

in a 72 your going to be custom anyway, the brackets are for later tubs.

i had made my own for a 75.......ended going with oe seats

Thanks. Thinking Bill might be the way to go. He has already been good exchanging emails answering questions.

@brian seat setup looks good.

I went with the Pro Car brackets for my '76. I thought they installed just fine and they're definitely built as well or better than the stock floor brackets I attached them to.

The only mod I had to make was to cut off the seat belt mount on the inside of each bracket because they hit my Tuffy console, but that's obviously not stock.

I don't know about a '72 fit though.
IMG-8806.jpg
IMG-8808.jpg
IMG-8809.jpg
IMG-8810.jpg
IMG-8811.jpg

I’ll take more pics later, but this is what I made for mine using factory seat parts. (1973)

I made them sit low as possible, and there was enough wiggle room with the Procar sliders to be able to make the two seats sit at the same height. I see some have a much higher passenger seat.

63B27515-8711-4CB5-85E8-2775AA63145E.jpeg

B6C8B1D4-0444-4A5A-A999-BBDA63419817.jpeg
75158746-01C3-409F-8731-6553F69B48B9.jpeg

I went with the Pro Car brackets for my '76. I thought they installed just fine and they're definitely built as well or better than the stock floor brackets I attached them to.

The only mod I had to make was to cut off the seat belt mount on the inside of each bracket because they hit my Tuffy console, but that's obviously not stock.

I don't know about a '72 fit though.
View attachment 3313588View attachment 3313589View attachment 3313591View attachment 3313592View attachment 3313593

I’ll take more pics later, but this is what I made for mine using factory seat parts. (1973)

I made them sit low as possible, and there was enough wiggle room with the Procar sliders to be able to make the two seats sit at the same height. I see some have a much higher passenger seat.

View attachment 3313681

View attachment 3313680View attachment 3313679
These both look great. I have seen posts where Bills brackets make the seats sit way too high.

I just finished installing this procar 90 driver's seat in a 10/'79 vehicle.

Fortunately I was able to bolt the stock sliders to the new seat for a relatively easy install.

Looks good. Is the passenger side installed? Looks low. I haven’t gotten to this yet, radiator issues have taken precedence.

I’ve got a 72 I’m working on. Looking to do exactly what you are. Probably a month or 2 away from tackling that. Would love to know what you come up with. Had any luck yet?

I’ve got a 72 I’m working on. Looking to do exactly what you are. Probably a month or 2 away from tackling that. Would love to know what you come up with. Had any luck yet?
Not yet, dealing with some cooling system issues. Seats are gathering dust in the garage, but they are comfortable drink a beer after work seats. 😂

I’ll post here when I tackle them. Let us know what you come up with.

Yeah got the passenger side in too. I think the mounting is different in an earlier model - I believe the gas tank is under passenger seat.

Height is good for me. I’m 6’2”

This looks great! Hoping for a similar turnout.

@OhioFJ
Am I understanding you correctly that you were able to bolt your seats to the stock sliders? I have the same seats and an 83 model. The Procar mounts are on back order and I didn’t know this was possible. Can you confirm please?

@OhioFJ
Am I understanding you correctly that you were able to bolt your seats to the stock sliders? I have the same seats and an 83 model. The Procar mounts are on back order and I didn’t know this was possible. Can you confirm please?
Yes this is correct. I bolted the oem sliders to the new seats and did not use the included procar sliders. No additional adapter necessary. I think adding any more height beneath the seat would make them too high anyway.

I just finished installing this procar 90 driver's seat in a 10/'79 vehicle.

Fortunately I was able to bolt the stock sliders to the new seat for a relatively easy install.

View attachment 3345360View attachment 3345359

Yeah got the passenger side in too. I think the mounting is different in an earlier model - I believe the gas tank is under passenger seat.

Height is good for me. I’m 6’2”

View attachment 3346258
These look great! Probably way more comfortable. I wonder how their Procar gray vinyl matches up with the late model gray interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom