Prado Rocker Panels on GX... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey there. Did the purchase of these parts come with all hardware and fitting, or did you have to buy them separately? Looks really good.
Also, if hardware was separate, do you recall the additional part numbers? Thanks a ton!

LEXUS GX460 2010+- Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type | CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL

$499 plus shipping

lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-b41694.jpg
lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-1-8c9f95.jpg

Description of product:

Lexus GX460 2010- & Toyota Land Cruiser Prado FJ150 2010-

Side Lower Mouldings (Side Steps) Set L+R. Genuine.

Front mud flaps L+R included:

76622-60150;
76621-60180.

Wide range of auto accessories in stock!

Advantages of buying on CarMarka.com:

• Quick Worldwide Delivery
  • Affordable Low Prices
  • Online Payment System
You can buy LEXUS Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL with WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

via DHL, FEDEX, UPS, ARAMEX, EMS and other express forwarders!
That came off really nice!
The price seems fair enough especially if one doesn't have the time or skill level to do it themselves.
Would you mind putting this on the Aftermarket thread? Guide to GX 460 Builds and Aftermarket Products

I know this thread is a little dated. But I am trying to figure out what hangi
Hey there. Did the purchase of these parts come with all hardware and fitting, or did you have to buy them separately? Looks really good.
I know this question and thread are a little dated, but I am trying to figure this out as well. The original side panels had hanging brackets to hold up the step. The side moulding from carmarka (super fast shipping btw) came with mud flaps but no other hardware.

I am trying to figure out how I can replace the hanging bracket that fastened the bottom of the original GX 460 step to the frame.

Part of me just wants to attach with the clips and two screws and wheel well screws, since it is impossible to step on the Prado 150 side moulding. This removes the need for fastening to the frame. But I am in a position of ignorance, so I wanted to see how y'all attached this Prado 150 side moulding to the GX 460.

Can you use a strap (flat steel, preferable stainless, maybe ~1/16" thick, by 1" wide and as long as it needs to be to attach to the frame/body from the rocker panel? You'll probably need to drill a few holes in your rocker panel for the strap, then attach to either existing body holes for bolting/screwing to. If you're going into the body, just use sheet metal screws if access to the back for a nut & bolt application is difficult. If attaching to the frame, I'd use nut and bolt.
Just be sure you use ALL stainless steel fasteners.
If you don't have a very competent hardware store near by, you can find literally everything you'll need here: McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/ with next day delivery.

I know this thread is a little dated. But I am trying to figure out what hangi

I know this question and thread are a little dated, but I am trying to figure this out as well. The original side panels had hanging brackets to hold up the step. The side moulding from carmarka (super fast shipping btw) came with mud flaps but no other hardware.

I am trying to figure out how I can replace the hanging bracket that fastened the bottom of the original GX 460 step to the frame.

Part of me just wants to attach with the clips and two screws and wheel well screws, since it is impossible to step on the Prado 150 side moulding. This removes the need for fastening to the frame. But I am in a position of ignorance, so I wanted to see how y'all attached this Prado 150 side moulding to the GX 460.
I'll add a +1 to the above. It would be nice to close the loop on this mod--the few references I've found to it are sorta vague.

Other question: Were the rockers from carmarka painted and if so, what color? I've made inquires through their website with zero response and that kinda sketched me out from even ordering from them at all.

I'll add a +1 to the above. It would be nice to close the loop on this mod--the few references I've found to it are sorta vague.

Other question: Were the rockers from carmarka painted and if so, what color? I've made inquires through their website with zero response and that kinda sketched me out from even ordering from them at all.
The rockers were painted in either white or black. I'll post a pic with comparison to my '14 white, once the rain lets up.

I had a good experience with carmarka. Shipping turned out to be pretty pricey, but they were very responsive after my order was in. I ordered 12/19/2020 and received it 01/04/2020. I thought it was pretty good coming from Dubai and holiday weeks. And I am spoiled by Amazon Prime shipping...

Here are the pics carmarka sent me when they shipped the side mouldings. I am trying to find out which brackets can fasten to those 6 holes and the rocker panel.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 16.06.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 16.06.09 (1).jpeg

8394B4CF-F9E4-4CF1-BEB9-F9CFE93859E9.jpeg

Worth noting that trimming your existing steps is a much more cost effective option (with the same look, no?). It is surprisingly easy to do

View attachment 2546033
Worth noting that trimming your existing steps is a much more cost effective option (with the same look, no?). It is surprisingly easy to do
Yup! Unfortunately, for me, I bought the panels before I watched a youtube vid of CBI folks just cutting the panel.

Your's looks great and you achieved what I was going after, too. I agree, it is easier and several hundred dollars cheaper to cut the existing rocker panel cover and step.

Yup! Unfortunately, for me, I bought the panels before I watched a youtube vid of CBI folks just cutting the panel.

Your's looks great and you achieved what I was going after, too. I agree, it is easier and several hundred dollars cheaper to cut the existing rocker panel cover and step.

Cutting off the factory running boards is about a 30 lbs weight reduction.

Depending on what slider you get will dictate the level of trimming required. Tire sizes will also factor in.

I finally got around to installing the Prado side moulding. The actual parts I used were:

75805-60050 - RH Side moulding (rocker panel)
75806-60050 - LH Side moulding (rocker panel)

The kit from carmarka included the mud flaps. But they don’t reference the full 10-digit PN for the above side mouldings, but the kit had the PN marked on them. I wish I took a pic of the PN, but if you buy the carmarka kit, you’ll get the right ones.

I also bought rocker moulding clips from EBay PN: 76924-13020. I could have gone without these but, I ended up using them. I’ll explain.

Before:
ED661C70-5E66-49A1-AE73-3B934F676526.jpeg

After:
9FE0870C-AFF7-4576-9466-47C98CB1EDCB.jpeg

End result: The lowest body point is now, roughly, 4 inches higher than stock. Measured where the front door meets rear door, because a line existed for me to make an easy before and after reference point.
409DE2F9-F387-4305-A223-CCF6E6151563.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a little more detail for those that care.

I could have gotten away with out buying the side moulding clips because after removing the stock side steps there are rubber grommet plugs that fill the holes. In some holes I was able to use the old rubber grommet plugs by pushing them in to fasten the plastic side molding to the body. The issue was they easily popped out. In some holes I used the new rocker moulding retainer (PN: 76924-13020). Those fastened the side moulding really tight to the body. You can see why, in the pic below. The old rubber grommet can stretch a bit to fit beyond just the body and hold the plastic and the metal body together. The plastic retainer has a wide enough gap to hold both. If someone asked me if the plastic retainer were necessary, I would say YES. The new side moulding felt securely fastened where those were used. And they were pretty inexpensive.

Old rubber grommet on left, new plastic retainer on right (PN: 76924-13020)
The
D99D6A8E-2271-48D5-BB92-2449566511A8.jpeg

There will be six of these on each side. It fastens the plastic side molding to the body (not frame).
84FFA41E-6444-4850-B1CD-2A67F62F65C9.jpeg

Sorry for splitting up the posts, but I don’t like scrolling through one long post, so I will split this update up.

The rear of the side moulding fit perfectly. There was a little ’step out’ the size of my finger width, but it was designed like that. The moulding sat flush near the rear. (not yet bolted in)
FA17FB46-95C7-4B9B-B478-31EBDDF231FB.jpeg

The little ‘step out’ in rear. Designed this way.
0D0B5B60-564C-4B1C-8A60-1EE15E89D9E2.jpeg

57CB209B-355F-4FA5-B746-FB21B42450C1.jpeg

The front portion was a different story. I did not want to install the mud flap, but it would have left a ‘hole’ where actual mud can pool. If it was just plastic, I would have left the flap off. But there is painted body metal that may get chipped and rusted. And I did not want the car to disintegrate like in Thanos’ snap. So, I reluctantly put on the mud flap. This is where the fit was not exact. I had to stretch and push to make it fasten with the existing bolts in the wheel well. In the future, I may cut the mud flap to reduce its flappiness, yet block the mud hole.

Original on the right blocks mud. The Prado style will let mud through if the mud flap is not installed.
888343DC-1AF0-4F03-891B-12A8ACDE31AB.jpeg

With humongous mud flap. (Some holes exposed. Need to fill it with something)
922E5321-5693-4CE4-9F0E-BF488624E994.jpeg

Did you keep the puddle lights?

If you add sliders you'll cut a good portion off and ditch the mudflaps anyhow, moot point on those for me.

I did not. I am planning on putting sliders on and want to wait for that before adding the puddle lights back on.

In the meantime, I waterproofed the connector and zip tied it away.
Which sliders did you go with? I am doing a similar project. I saw a youtube video of Main Line Overland use the Prado panel with the sliders. I couldn't make out what they did with KDSS cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom