Possible Group Buy - Flat Steel FJ40 Rear Fender Protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We made a run earlier in the summer. I can start a group. We need 3 takers to make a run of 4.
It looks like the best solution for me, what's the latest price?

It looks like the best solution for me, what's the latest price?
I'm sure the price hasn't changed, so $315 plus $30/pair for countersunk holes. Pricing is in post #1 in this thread, along with the latest group. I added you.

Lobby for others to join the group in the thread on the 40 forum: Hot off the presses! 3/16" thick rear flares

Before and after
20210711_133447.jpg

20210821_133528.jpg

You're supposed to bend it to follow the body contour and add another bolt. In red:

View attachment 2807468
Plan on it. Just have not gotten to it. The local Ace also took a while to restock the countersunk screws I was using. Took the two months to replenish stock! I plan on using a button at the front corner.

Plan on it. Just have not gotten to it. The local Ace also took a while to restock the countersunk screws I was using. Took the two months to replenish stock! I plan on using a button at the front corner.
Yea, our Ace waits for the vendor to come in and sort out their junk pile. McMaster FTW.

Yea, our Ace waits for the vendor to come in and sort out their junk pile. McMaster FTW.
Agreed. We have one outside ATL but their shipping is astonishingly high for being just too far to make it during a work day. Not sure you could tell but I am going with 3/8" countersunk Phillips. Though they looked a little more retro than the countersunk allens :meh:
Also, I do intend to move the axle back just a hair to get it centered. I think that is good recommendation since it is all out of the truck now and I am waiting for a Veternans Day sale from SkyJacker for a 4" lift like I had on my first 40.
Got 35 KM3s to go on newly powder coated Toyota 15x8 wagon wheels. Dark gray powder. Can't wait to see them on there but it is a ways away.

Got 35 KM3s to go on newly powder coated Toyota 15x8 wagon wheels. Dark gray powder. Can't wait to see them on there but it is a ways away.

Custom? The Toyota ones are 15x7. I have 315/75-16s on 7" rims on my rig. They fit just fine.

Bumping this thread along... Fast Eddy will make another run if we can get a group of at least 3 folks who want to ditch their plastic fender flares. :) I'm in, please add me to the list.

@Fast Eddy
Well, the flares look great , but the wheel wells on my 40 have not been hacked by anyone so I wonder what the benefit would be? If I wanted to go big tires then it would be considered. Price is $275/pair?

I might still be in, need to figure out if I still have enough metal around the wheel wells to make it work.

@Fast Eddy I’ll get a picture of both sides and see if you think it’ll work.

Last edited:
@Fast Eddy
Well, the flares look great , but the wheel wells on my 40 have not been hacked by anyone so I wonder what the benefit would be? If I wanted to go big tires then it would be considered. Price is $275/pair?
They are mostly helpful for hacked fender openings, or if you want to hack your own to move the axle back up to 3".

@Fast Eddy here is what I’m working with. I have almost no lip on the front and top, flares used to be attached above fender wells. What do you think?

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom