For Sale Port Townsend, WA 1976 fj55 w/ LS Swap -$15k obo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Port Townsend, Washington 98368 United States
Not affiliated but did test drive today with seller. No CL posting etc. unknown mileage on motor/body. Runs and drives and stops. Just in a bit more of a project state for me.

Seller was quick to respond to phone and show vehicle for test drive.

Ross
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8544.jpeg

IMG_8592.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8594.jpeg

This one was for sale in Tacoma in March 2022 on FB. I think the asking price was for more like $10k But don’t recall for sure.

This owner states short(~1yr) ownership , so may have been the one to buy it off fb.

I'm curious if you'd care to elaborate.
I’m hoping to find something that may not require short-term/immediate work. The seller noted front axle/brake work, as well as steering linkage work that he recommended be tackled first for the next owner. That’s without taking the vehicle for a PPI somewhere to evaluate further prior to negotiations.

I happened to see this vehicle in the background of a local cl ad(for a totally different truck) and went to look while visiting the area this weekend. I’m ok with patina and character, just don’t have the money or time to pay for potential issues on an unknown mileage donor motor and swap on an LC I know nothing about (I can visually spot a 50-series and that’s about it). I figured it was worth my time to view the vehicle based on rarity and convenience of location.

That said, I’m on the lookout for something odd to look at, decent to drive, and within a meager budget (ideally below the $15k asking price). This vehicle offered some of this, but I wasn’t confident or ready to continue pursuing a deal with the seller.

I’m more than cool with the idea of a swapped motor, especially domestic, but I would have preferred some more paperwork or history to assuage my future maintenance concerns . In lieu of that, a lower number could have helped. But again, I was not prepared to pursue this with the seller after my test drive today.

TLDR; this won’t be my first Land Cruiser. It’s a bit more than I can handle right now(maybe ever).

So this vehicle was listed out of Anacortes, Wa for quite some time a few years back. I remember the custom dash now missing the radio now. The listing price at that time was significantly less. Interesting to see it pop up again. Offer them $4K and see what they say!

The answer would be no. I bought this rig. What I saw was a 55 with a strong running 5.3l vortec, 4l60e (not an auto guy but okay) and 4 speed tcase each with a few hundred miles on a rebuilds, Saginaw power steering, very little rust on the underside, doors that are almost perfect, raptor lined tub with heat/noise barrier installed, aftermarket lift springs and shackles, rear window that works, beautiful patina everywhere and that crazy dash, which actually works with the radio/gps screen included. I didn’t pay asking, but am quite pleased with what I got with what I did pay.

Cheers,

Mike

IMG_4868.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom