Pighead cleans up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So...

Are you going to have to rent another garage for all that stuff?

One pair '76 Pig turn signals still up for grabs...

RUSH55 said:
It did'nt look like anyone asked about the front turn signals. Still available? What a swap-meet gold mine!!

I'll bite!!! :cool:

How much? :bounce:

Chuck

how much?
How much what?
How much more do you need them than RUSH55?
It's a needs-based system here at P.U....
2004_0813Image0001.JPG

I was looking to upgrade to the later style but my originals still work. So on a needs basis, I really dont NEED them!

Chuck

Good onya, Grasshopper. Knowing thyself and thyPig.
For soon, one will call out in need, a '75 or later, that actually NEEDS one or more of these lights to stay legal at least.
And "upgrading" to the later lights??? I am so happy to be blessed with the early lights, they are SO much cooler than those big boxy later lights...

they are SO much cooler than those big boxy later lights...

Hey...

Is that a Shiner Bock bottle cap I see there? (for scale, I'm sure).

Tech: got my parking brake working (for the FIRST time) and all my swaybar bushings replaced: the thing handles like a slot car! Alright, it still handles like a truck, but... better.

My new side vents (with patented bug screens) are keeping me cool(er), thanks. Liberty on the way. Eventually.

Nial

$13, what a deal. Jackpot -- I'm in WA state so can't pedal that far so would send a box- can get you 15 virtual beers. Looking for miscellaneous stuff for my 75 PIG (bought it two months ago -- needs lots of work) - finally got it running this past Sunday: Sorry list is soooo long but - like I said, jackpot.

1.) rear heater switch
2.) Uncut Dash - mine has been cut (radio)
3.) Front Light posts and bracket - my lenses are OK - bolts twisted off posts - came with rig in a bucket.
4.) Was that a signal/hazard light relay I saw in the bucket?
5.) Loosing electrical strength -- does the harness look in "good" condition
6.) Plastic front vents/nobs
7.) plastic nobs for the lower dash panel (heater/fan slide control nobs)
8.) Accelerator pedal and linkage system - mine has been switched to a cable (poorly rigged and fit to 69 carb -- piece of junk) - I want to go back to the stock
9.) My side mirrors are fogged and dented - are those OK? can new mirrors be fit in them?
10.) Fuse cover plate
11.) Nuts and bolts -- all types -- fasten coil/ignitor bracket to fender
12.) Landcruiser fender emblem (1)
13.) two door release inserts and ashtrays
14.) two window handles, packing and plastic
15.) Carburator cable bracket for my 72 FJ40 --

Can you help me find other stuff that I need for the 75 PIG --
1.) Front windshield molding and windshield -- local glass company can get glass but nobody seems to be able to locate the gasket
2.) Non-USA carb, 75 intake and exhaust manifold - I can run w/o smog stuff. My 75 came with a 69 carb, 69 intake, and header (looks homemade) and attempted to use the stock air-cleaner --- did not work. I borrowed a friends weber 32/34 and got it running. On the highway took it up to 55 mph and looks like the intake exhaust gasket is leaking (exhaust) pretty bad (2F engine). It has a non-USA distributor (vacumm advance) so figured I would go with the Non-USA carb -- SOR suggested this set-up. The way it burns, I don't think the 69 intake manifold should have been used.
3.) Intake/exhaust bolts/nuts
4.) Flexible heater tube - fits up under steering column - just need connector to fit onto blower
5.) Rear side running lights -- if all that is available is the red plastic lens, that is OK
6.) Rear tail light rubber - both sides
7.) Rear reflectors
8.) Front seat headrests
9.) Floor covering - plastic mat - toyota

thanks
Jim Hanson
TLCA 15160 - new member

I haven't been successful at responses so will provide Email address

jdhanson6@msn.com

Pighead, have you ever modified 40 lights for a pig?

Yotahelux,

Pighead, have you ever modified 40 lights for a pig?

TLCA #15151
Harrisonburg, VA

I spoke to SOR a month ago about using FJ40 lights on a PIG. They said the only difference between the 55 and 40 is the base bracket and rubber seal. The 55 sits on the angle of the fender so the baracket is angled... the 40 sits on the flat of the fender so is straight. So, 40 lights are more available and less costly -- modification is if you can find the angled brackets and rubber pieces -- Also, when you take yours off the fender, work the nut gently since it is hollow and will twist off with little pressure due to the rusting of the stem and nut. My Pig is a 75, so it has the big lights like shown above.

75PIG

Holy Pigsnot! 75PIG, that's quite a list.
You forgot to ask for the OEM kitchen sink, though...
Virtual beer?? never heard of it...some new northwest Microbrewery?
Good news: we can probably take care of much of your list.

2) uncut dash has the 1)rear heater switch and the 7) plastic nobs for the lower dash panel (heater/fan slide control nobs).
For the 3.), we'll have to talk to RUSH55 and see if he has any leftovers.
4.) I think so.
5.) Surprisingly good, for a '74. Will it fit a '75?
8.) Got it.
9.) New glass can be made for old mirrors
10.) Nope
11.) Nuts and bolts you can find in Washington
12.) The plastic one? I've got plenty, all have broken prongs and most have been drilled and screwed on before.
13.) The plastic or metal door inserts? got 'em. ashtrays too.
14.) Certainly
15.) The choke cablebracket? Probably.

Then chapter two of your wishlist...

1.) Doesn't SOR have an aftermarket windshield rubber? I know Evan got a few to make his cargowindow gaskets just last year...
2.) I've got some intake manifolds, and carburators. No exhaust manifolds. I'm a fan of headers.
3.) I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be studs. Get them new, with the nut and washer from the dealer or one of the vendors here. Do not substitute.
4.) Um, I'm using duct tape.
5.) I just picked up a pair of rear running light just lenses.
6,7,8,9...nope

75PIG said:
<(thank goodness for sniptool)>

thanks
Jim Hanson
TLCA 15160 - new member

]

No.
Gosh I like short questions.
Isn't '78 the big taillight lens? that they only made for ,like, a year?
Think SOR gots 'em

Wayneraintree said:
Hey pighead, do you have a driver side rear lense for a 78'? or shall I go fish? Nice grab box BTW!!!

Pighead said:
No.
Gosh I like short questions.
Isn't '78 the big taillight lens? that they only made for ,like, a year?
Think SOR gots 'em

You are rightty on my friend in pigdom, big taillight lenses, my friend just busted his a month ago. Just thought I would ask, thanks though!

Pighead

Thanks -- Sounds Great! We'll see about changing some of those "virtual" beers into "real" beers.

You were right on the harness --- SOR doesn't include 74's in the harness description for the 75. They do have the rubber front window molding - if catalog is current for in stock (called them a couple of months ago - didn't have it - will check again).

I will send you a separate email for the stuff you got and how to get a box and shipping money down to you.

Rush 55

Pighead said to check with you on scrap front signal lights for a 75 PIG. I need the threaded posts and bracket that mounts to the light - Posts were twisted off by the previous owner -- washers and nuts that fit threaded post would be appreciated if available. My lenses, housing, post stablizer and rubber gasket are OK.

PigHead do you still have a set of side emblems(metal style) for one side? I am currently working in Sac. I will have Beer in hand.

if your wondering about the AM radio, its OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom