Pig Party - 2017? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A convoy sounds awesome if it works out. We will leave southern Illinois on the morning of the 17th. Scrap daddy's is tentively our first stop. Then ???? If anyone if coming through here before that you are welcome to stop/ stay here. After meeting up and hanging around Delores for a couple of days we may push on to Moab. I certainly want to see Telluride, Siverton, Ourah, Black bear pass......

I can commit to a large T-shirt please. I feel horrible that I can't commit to making the trip though. I would love to see all those pigs together.

for folks rolling through denver area, i can offer a small guest room for a night. and a severely understuffed couch if needed

Lil'John,

Maybe just take a few days off and unwind. I get to feeling the same sometimes. Take the time to plan your next moves and knock them out.

See you at the Pig Party! :)

I still don't think I'd get done everything I need to make the trip. I was pushing my luck with the cam swap.

No machine work should be needed so just some gaskets.

Engine can come out and apart in a day and back together and put back in a day, grab a gasket kit and I’ll fly down for a weekend and give a helping hand, we kind of “need” this pig at the party.

I'm just beyond frustrated with continual "catastrophic" backfires.

Ha I feel your pain..

Without that it would be just another Heep Cherokee, Pigs are supposed to fight back, that’s part of the initiation and without it you would see more on the road and they would lose their mystique.

Offer stands, I’ll catch a flight and help pull the engine and put it back in if it gets you to the pig party.

Without that it would be just another Heep Cherokee, Pigs are supposed to fight back, that’s part of the initiation and without it you would see more on the road and they would lose their mystique..

I'm involved in the 2017 colorado assoc of 4wd clubs build and it's a cherokee and i don't think anything except puff the evil wagon (my 4skinner) has fought back harder. pigs are a joy compared to that little bastard

same offer ,as nuclearlemon, if anyone needs a layover room for the night in saint george UTAH , i have a full 2bdrm furnished basement that is unused . stop on by

i am in for shirts as well 2 large 2 med and 1 xl .. pm me if payment is needed up front

I'm in for one XXL. Long sleeve would be great for evenings around the fire but I'm in for whatever.

XL please

I'm getting confident I can make it. I'll come down solo in the piggy & sleep in the back. Just need a parking spot at the camp ground. Prolly can't be away from my Fam for more than two days, so if there's a specific date when the most Pigs will be together, I'd like to make that my night to stay.
I don't know if I'll be doing any wheeling in my untested pig, but may tote the MotoX on the Hitch to tag along for a day ride. Heck.... being there will be rewarding enough!
I've got a few minor details to work out still with work, wife (the Boss) and an 18 month old (the REAL Boss) at home....But I reckon I can likely swing it.
As far as the off-roading, I've been romping above treeline up here since 2002. Late June can be REALLY unpredictable.
Been getting dumped on again up here in the High country, bout a foot this last week at & above tree line.
I've heard some first hand accounts of the San Juans starting to melt off pretty rapidly, tho. I've heard there's been new waterfalls tearing up sections of road this week.
Keep in mind, too, watch out for those creek crossings that time of year. Little easy creek crossing in the AM, truck flipping whitewater by 3pm! Back to a trickle at sunrise...Lol, I've seen it!

Good news! There should be plenty of room to park. Thanks for keeping an ear out on the conditions and I wouldn't worry about doing a lot of the technical trails, most are stock pigs or old men like me. :) We'll have fun just riding to town.

As far as trails go (assuming they're open) an Ophir Pass/Imogene Pass loop would incorporate two of the least technical trails and one of the most scenic. But I'll defer to B.C. since he's up in the area most regularly. That loop could be done in a day. Here's some shots from Imogene during a 2008 trip in my first Pig. Bone stock suspension except for 31s. Hope they get you swine wrangers excited.
FYI, that zig-zag line in the first pick is the descent into Telluride via Black Bear Pass.

Summer 2008 037.jpg

Summer 2008 041.jpg

Summer 2008 050.jpg

Summer 2008 058.jpg

Well I'm very jealous of you guys! I would love to be there, it looks like a stunning part of the world and all that bacon in one place is just bloody delicious!

If this becomes an annual event I'd be very keen to fly over and tag along!

For this year though I will bid you all safe travels, happy trails and merry :beer::beer:!

Now I'll go sulk in the corner with my neglected pig. :crybaby:
IMG_2580.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom