Pics wanted - BFG KO2s 275/70r16 on 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have the BFG KO2 tires on their 100 series in 275/70r16? I am looking to upgrade from Michelin LTXs to the KO2s for the extra tread grip and sidewall strength, but need to stay with stock size for tires. I have a 2000 LC with a 1.5" OME lift and a Front Runner rack, and any additional height would just cause more problems with parking garages. So far I've only found pics with 285s (or bigger) or 18 rims. It would be great to see an LC with 275s on 16 rims before I make the final purchase.

Thanks!

Oh, and here it is... dressed for work and play
image.jpg

Does anyone have the BFG KO2 tires on their 100 series in 275/70r16? I am looking to upgrade from Michelin LTXs to the KO2s for the extra tread grip and sidewall strength, but need to stay with stock size for tires. I have a 2000 LC with a 1.5" OME lift and a Front Runner rack, and any additional height would just cause more problems with parking garages. So far I've only found pics with 285s (or bigger) or 18 rims. It would be great to see an LC with 275s on 16 rims before I make the final purchase.

Thanks!

Just had 275/70/16 KO2's installed this weekend (after a 3 month wait- they were on national backorder) and will and post some pics tonight.
They look skinny compared to my weather-checked LTX's -but similar to the spare Dunlop GrandTrek that is original to my 100.

The KO2's have a great ride and are amazingly quiet given the difference in tread.

What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

Post number #7177

These are 285/65r18 but they are KO2's just installed and if you are looking to see how they look this should give you an idea.. .They replaced the KO's with 40,000 plus miles. Loved the olds and love the new one. Between the new tires, new steering rack, and shocks last year, it is amazingly smooth for almost 190k on her...

hope that helps

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just had 275/70/16 KO2's installed this weekend (after a 3 month wait- they were on national backorder) and will and post some pics tonight.
They look skinny compared to my weather-checked LTX's -but similar to the spare Dunlop GrandTrek that is original to my 100.

The KO2's have a great ride and are amazingly quiet given the difference in tread.

My 275/70r16 KO2s came in around the same time in late May. Tirerack too? I've put on about 1,500 miles and so far absolutely love them. They look great and drive just as great on the highway and rough city streets. For my tastes, the tires visually fit the vehicle's dimensions really well. Offroad driving has yet to happen other than a handful of gravel roads - more to come on trails over the summer. I think they may be just slightly louder than my Michelins, though it is hard to tell since I have a roofrack anyways. Any difference seems to be negligible. I also think the KO2s corner and grip a little better on paved roads than the Michelins. All in all, very pleased.

KO2_275-70-r16_sideview1.JPG

KO2_275-70-r16_angle.JPG

KO2_275-70-r16_sideview2.JPG

check out this KO2 thread
BFG KO2 Cracking at 10k
some members are having cracking issues. I love mine but I only have 3000 miles right now. I took pis of the tread on mine just in case ...

Hi Kaikandojo and costalcat,

I'm also considering going to the KO2 in the stock size from my LTXs. Now that you've both had them for over a year, what are your thoughts on them? I love the ride quality and quietness of the LTXs, especially I do 95% of my driving on paved road, but I don't feel the LTXs grip as well as I'd like in snow and icy condition on mountain roads. I'd also like a bit more peace of mind when driving in off-road conditions (nothing as serious as rock climbing, but I would like some tires that I won't be as concerned about being punctured on sharp rocks driving on forest roads to explore or camp).

I've had LTX for many years. The KO2s are quite nice. Handles large cracks better than LTX I believe. LTX comes with hard rubber so I can feel it whereas KO2s are more muted. Thus far I've put in 4500 miles on mine. (285 not 275 though).

One thing I don't like about KO2s is the smell. The whole garage smells of new tires. Bought new early March and now it's almost August. The smell is starting to go away. I guess the summer heat burned off some compound in it? This is unlike other new tires I bought in the past. I don't know if others noticed the same...

Michelin and bfgs on the "gate crasher"

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

Reactions: rvk
Thanks dfrelich.

DuckLN, I like how the KO2s look on your LC. Based on your sig block, looks like you also went with the original tire size.

I've had LTX for many years. The KO2s are quite nice. Handles large cracks better than LTX I believe. LTX comes with hard rubber so I can feel it whereas KO2s are more muted. Thus far I've put in 4500 miles on mine. (285 not 275 though).

One thing I don't like about KO2s is the smell. The whole garage smells of new tires. Bought new early March and now it's almost August. The smell is starting to go away. I guess the summer heat burned off some compound in it? This is unlike other new tires I bought in the past. I don't know if others noticed the same...

Agreed. Running stock KO2s since April, took a little getting used to after 14 years on LTXs. Heavier, but feel solid, much less concerned about sidewall cuts on my intermittent light off-roading and median hopping around town. I've put about 4K on them, smell just wore off!

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of 5 KO2s from Tirerack in the stock 275/70/16 size and looking forward to having them installed this weekend. There are a number of threads talking about what air pressure to put in the KO2s, but it appears that most of them have the larger 33" size KO2s. For those using the stock size, what air pressure do you use for your daily freeway driving? My LC is pretty stock so not much added weight.

Close size.. But they look great on 16s.

20171120_154024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom