Pics of your lifted 80 or LX450 with BF's or Duratracs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ironman 50mm lift with 315 BFG on top

Lift with 285 wranglers on bottom

IMG_20160614_163612.jpg

Here's mine... 315 BFG KO on fj wheels. This is with 5in tjm lift. Bumping into 37s in the next week.

And incase the OP or anyone else here was on the fence about bfg tires.... here is the nail in the coffin to seal the deal on some 315s ko2....

LT315/70R17 Tire, All-Terrain T/A KO2 - 58424

I suggest anyone in the market jump on this deal, currently their portland location is out of stock but will still take orders. Or just match the price at a tire shop that will match online prices like americas tire or somthing. You are all welcome:D

Here's mine... 315 BFG KO on fj wheels. This is with 5in tjm lift. Bumping into 37s in the next week.

And incase the OP or anyone else here was on the fence about bfg tires.... here is the nail in the coffin to seal the deal on some 315s ko2....

LT315/70R17 Tire, All-Terrain T/A KO2 - 58424

I suggest anyone in the market jump on this deal, currently their portland location is out of stock but will still take orders. Or just match the price at a tire shop that will match online prices like americas tire or somthing. You are all welcome:D

That 4wp deal only applies to 315/70/17 now i need to find a deal on some FJC steelies :eek:

I had 315 Duratracs on my OME 2.5" Medium lifted 80. I like them, decent in snow, but overall heavy and loud and they wander on the highway.

After reading this comparo / review in Expedition Portal I decided to try a less aggressive tire, Cooper Discoverer AT3's, despite not initially loving the less 'aggro' appearance - full disclosure, appearance factors highly in my tire purchases - Where the Rubber Meets the Road

The :princess: drives my truck occasionally and has commented she doesn't feel safe at speed on our narrower parkways. I went down to a 295 since as of this post that's the largest diameter I can fit under the back of the truck. I miss some of the stance and look of my 315 Duratracs, but that's it. Otherwise, losing nearly 10 lbs per wheel and the different pattern it's like a new truck on the road, where I regretfully spend most driving hours. I will report later on my experiences in mud and on the rocks. Pics of both below..

315 75 16 Duratracs:
20150825_132649.jpg

295 75 16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
20170323_083514.jpg

20170323_083423.jpg

295 under rear hitch with Wits' End / Adam Rutherford's design tire levelling kit:
20170325_174223.jpg

Last edited:
I hated the ko. Hated.

But too many road miles to keep wobbling around on Truxus MT so I took a bet that the BFG ko2 was a thoroughly modern tire to take back share from the Duratrac. It is. And 37's are hard to come by in an AT.

I'm still a little shocked - they are MT class in deep snow, really good on icy hardpack, good in the rain, and at 27K miles have never been rebalanced and I only have limited weight on the inner rim surface. That's insane given how little wear they have shown.

IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG

Another tire to seriously consider is the new Falken AT3W. This is another of the "hybrid" tires designed to truly handle all weather along with offroad duties.

The cool thing about this tire is tread depth. In the larger sizes in LT version it is 20/32nds. That's MT tread depth. And it is silly quiet, refined, eats slush like an MT and generally kills all weather except glare ice...and...don't tell anybody...it's cheap. Do some research - it has a huge thread over on Tacomaworld or some such place.

I have these in a 34" on my Sequoia (285/75/17) - they run big for an AT and are pretty true to size. Can't say enough about this tire for the price. If they come in a 37 and stay this price competitive, I'll put them on the 80 next time around. I can't say they are better than the ko2, but they are way higher value. I paid $190 a tire from DTD and at the 20/32 tread depth they are still deeper at 12K than other ATs are new.

IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_2545.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG

Last edited:
Another tire to seriously consider is the new Falken AT3W. This is another of the "hybrid" tires designed to truly handle all weather along with offroad duties.

I have these same Falkens in the previous AT2 version and as much as I want to hate them, they have been great tires. I'm trying to kill them to put some Duratracs or KO2s on (to tie in with this thread), but they just won't die. I've got 43k miles on them and they have plenty of tread left and are still as quiet on the road as the day I put them on. Never been rebalanced - just rotated on occasion.

IMG_1405.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG

OME 2.5 with 315 KO2

Nay, thanks for the update. I am running 365/75R16 KM2s. Love them off road, am getting really tired of the drone on road. I liked the KO's, worked well for the most part, except for mud. A little less tire width to get back some of my turn radius, and an AT tread to quiet it down...

The cool thing about this tire is tread depth. In the larger sizes in LT version it is 20/32nds. That's MT tread depth. And it is silly quiet, refined, eats slush like an MT and generally kills all weather except glare ice...and...don't tell anybody...it's cheap. Do some research - it has a huge thread over on Tacomaworld or some such place.

I have these in a 34" on my Sequoia (285/75/17) - they run big for an AT and are pretty true to size. Can't say enough about this tire for the price. If they come in a 37 and stay this price competitive, I'll put them on the 80 next time around. I can't say they are better than the ko2, but they are way higher value. I paid $190 a tire from DTD and at the 20/32 tread depth they are still deeper at 12K than other ATs are new.

View attachment 1430348 View attachment 1430349 View attachment 1430350 View attachment 1430351

Agreed. I bought a set of 4 lt315/75r16 for $795 installed from discount tire and they have been awesome. Had km2's and would not go back.
IMG_5911.jpg

Trying to decide between BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2's or Goodyear Duratracs. Post yours up please.

Pics only? No concerns about driving dynamics?

I’ve had Duratrac’s loved the mud and snow traction, louder and looser handling on highway than KOs. I haven’t had my KO2s in mud yet, but the KOs certainly sucked in mud and drove me to Duratracs. Which are not so great on highway so I got KO2s...

I have gotten crazy mileage out of my KO2's. They have about 25,000 miles and just showing some wear. I am shocked, and they handle great on and off road. I will likely get another set when these wear down, maybe in a 37?

I have gotten crazy mileage out of my KO2's. They have about 25,000 miles and just showing some wear. I am shocked, and they handle great on and off road. I will likely get another set when these wear down, maybe in a 37?

I have 40K on my 37s now. They are working through their 4th winter and still have plenty of tread, still quiet, never needed a rebalance.

Really can’t ask for more than how these tires have performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom