Pick this concept apart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sogncab

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm not saying it's a good idea , or a bad one, but I needed a solution for spare tire storage that wasn't flat on the floor until I get a rear bumper with a carrier.

(F-ing typos are gonna get me killed one of these days)

20231118_163236.jpg

20231118_163240.jpg

20231118_165026.jpg

20231118_165513.jpg

20231118_165614.jpg

And the cnc made a giant butt plug, and that just made me laugh.
20231118_155354.jpg

It is German, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
I hate it. Will you make me one? Kidding aside, given the design and factory anchor points it looks great.

Great innovative approach.
I hate having a tire inside, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. Great idea

Short term solution. I'm driving this turdwagon 1400 miles to Florida next week. Thought a spare tire might be a good idea.

I'm heckin concerned that didn't make you cry!

With God and lube, all things are possible. 😆

Prayer and supplication. Prayer and supplication.

White letters are outside.

God is pleased.

I don't think I would ever put a spare tire in the interior. When I get a flat the tire can be a large round ball of mud. I'd rather that hang off the back outside the vehicle than throw it inside where all that mess will get all over the interior. Then on top of that you still have to run straps through it. Plus if you don't strap it down well it becomes a projectile in a wreck.

I don't think I would ever put a spare tire in the interior. When I get a flat the tire can be a large round ball of mud. I'd rather that hang off the back outside the vehicle than throw it inside where all that mess will get all over the interior. Then on top of that you still have to run straps through it. Plus if you don't strap it down well it becomes a projectile in a wreck.
I don’t like the tire hanging off the back.
It looks like he has the tire strapped down sufficiently.
Mines been in the back for the last 8 years and thats were it’s staying 😎

We’re all different and have a different perspective of where the spare should go.
And for different reasons.

My wheeling buddy has his on the rear bumper and more then once he has gotten hung up on it trying to go up a water fall and was unable to back up with out damaging the carrier. Then had to winch 🤷‍♂️
Where I was able to driver right up because I didn’t have s*** hanging off the back to get hung up on.
I have mine securely laying flat on the floor.
This keep the weight forward and low for a better center of gravity.
This isn’t always the best solution but it works well for me.
IH8MUD but it cleans up 🤷‍♂️ if it comes to that.

Broski and I discussed "high end" at SAS this year.
EVERYONE thinks they build high end. Until they see actual high end. I work in really nice houses, but I don't work on any of the $100M+ stuff. My bread and butter for this area is the 1-4 million dollar home range. Depending on where you live that's not much, or it's a lot. Stuff I'll never afford, stuff that is very nice, but nothing the Sultan of Brunei is hoping to call home.

All kidding aside your shop looks awesome

And you’re right one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

There only so much gold plating you can do🤣

Looks like a great solution.

I have the bellfab interior tire carrier and love it, but it does have some side to side movement with a 35 attached. Mostly noticeable offroad on rocky trails. I'd be inclined to find a way to brace it laterally too (I am planning to do something similar with mine).

Great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom