Phone mount recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use this one. Never had a problem with it, and it's gotten to at least 120F in my LC (I had a thermometer in there, but I'm not sure if it can read higher than 120).

That looks good, @gungriffin , my dash isn't in awesome shape so I probably wouldn't care much if I had to drill through it. Plus, my 100 is so modified at this point that whoever is going to want it -assuming I'll ever get rid of it- isn't going to mind permanent modifications. That looks like it would hold a 10" tablet nicely, which would be great for navi.

It works well. I use it with an 8" tablet and my phone.

I installed a wireless phone charger and holder on the handbrake.

I really like it being there. It stays out of the way but, super easy to get too. I can also use the phone to see GPS maps on my stereo.

Lexus LX 470 Phone Charger (15).jpg

@jlm43 If its not much to ask, can you link me the arm and the phone holder model? What Iphone model is that?

Ben's mount is awesome... I have the one in the dead panel opposite the Hazard/Center Diff Lock on my 98. I ended up with the quadlock system and love the setup.

Here it is with the Ram X-Grip system (which I didn't like really).
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

@jlm43 If its not much to ask, can you link me the arm and the phone holder model? What Iphone model is that?

This is the one I got and it fits my iPhone Xs with the Otterbox commuter case just fine. If you look at the suction cup mount, you can pull the two screws out of the top and remove the diamond shaped mounting plate that fits right into Ben's mount.

Also, the arms come in a bunch of different lengths. I ended up using a slightly longer one that I already had kicking around.

Amazon product ASIN B0066BWMNU

I've had this for a few years - best phone mount I've used or seen. And for $12!
The adhesive has held in Atlanta's 90++ degree temps and the magnet is great - you can almost toss the phone at the mount.

Amazon product ASIN B00I608BJ8

Same here. I've used this in the last 3 cars I've had and it's so convenient to just grab your phone when you're hopping out of the car. I'm in real estate so I'm in and out of the car all day long. It's the little conveniences that make all the difference.

Last edited:

A lot of my customers use the MM for cell phones and other gadgets. This ones a bit crazy (2 phones and a radio mount) but you get the idea.

IMG_20200617_182508.jpg

I just lean mine up sideways on the shelf in front of the speedometer and tach. No mount necessary. It stays up just fine for on-road driving. Wouldn't work off road though. No way am I ever covering up one of my AC vents in the Texas heat. Next step is to get a receiver with wireless Carplay so I can just leave the thing in my pocket all the time.

I have that ram mount that people are posting just collecting dust if anyone is interested.

20180719_113025.jpg

+1 for @BenCC's mount.
I use the change holder one for a phone when DDing and switch to a tablet mount when off road.
I use the center console mount on the right for my Ham radio.

+1 for @BenCC's mount.
I use the change holder one for a phone when DDing and switch to a tablet mount when off road.
I use the center console mount on the right for my Ham radio.
Thanks.

1610388239365.png

^ I've offered my endorsement of this product before, and I'll do it again. It just plain works, and that is all that is needed. No fancy carbon fiber look, no shiny gloss, nothing that doesn't really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom