Pablo the HJ61 has arrived! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally was able to get my hands on the 88' HJ61 I picked up from Japan! Arrived at port in Tacoma, WA and I drove it back to Utah last week. It'll be fun to dig in and start making it my own! Cheers to Pablo!
IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

Welcome to the club! Wish all of us with Hj61s lived closer to each other.

Any info on the lift and wheels/tire combo or wheel spacers would be appreciated. Yours looks really good the way it sits. Mines all stock i wanna change.

I take it no issues with the long drive? How was your mpg with the auto?

Welcome to the club! Wish all of us with Hj61s lived closer to each other.

Any info on the lift and wheels/tire combo or wheel spacers would be appreciated. Yours looks really good the way it sits. Mines all stock i wanna change.

I take it no issues with the long drive? How was your mpg with the auto?

Thanks! I do love the way it looks, but the lift is a little bit wonky. I'll get you specifics when I can. It's about a 4" lift. 35" BFG Mud Terrain's on 15" wheels.

No issues with the drive! I cruised about 75 most of the way and got right around 18 mpg. There are a few electrical issues, but I'll get it all worked out :)

it have lockers ..?

every time I see such a beauty from Japan I wonder if they ever use them after they spend pretty penny to buy and keep until now ..

it have lockers ..?

every time I see such a beauty from Japan I wonder if they ever use them after they spend pretty penny to buy and keep until now ..
No lockers, unfortunately. Hard to find one that has everything you want! I wanted a 5 speed with lockers, but I gave those up to lock this one down.

Probably a long shot, but I'm looking for a matching wheel I can use for a spare. Does anyone have any idea what kind of wheel this is? They're 15 inch wheels, but there aren't any brand markings and I can't find it anywhere online, even when doing a reverse image search. Thanks for any help!

IMG_0782.jpg

Based on the JWL marking that’s likely a Japanese produced wheel, probably as old as the truck. Finding one might not be easy.

Braid has some similar looking wheels and they do custom backspacing and colors: Braid Winrace T

Based on the JWL marking that’s likely a Japanese produced wheel, probably as old as the truck. Finding one might not be easy.

Braid has some similar looking wheels and they do custom backspacing and colors: Braid Winrace T

Thanks. I'll check them out. You're correct btw, it's a Japanese wheel and it's definitely old.

looks like thats ready to be sealed in the vacuum vault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom