"Other" Toyota 4x4 Vehicle Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered new lower ball joints for the Big Blue Bastard today. Moog greasable. The OEM have had some failures according to what I was able to find.

Ordered new lower ball joints for the Big Blue Bastard today. Moog greasable. The OEM have had some failures according to what I was able to find.

Stop spending money on that thing

I can't help. Once you see how long it it you'll love it!

Ball joints installed. Pretty straightforward and the old ones weren't too horribly bad but had been leaking grease. Good PM since I know how @wngrog likes to hit the desert of Big Bend.
20161227_183319.jpg
20161227_183526.jpg
20161227_183613.jpg

Mmmm. Grease zerts.

I had to use a puller. The cotter pins and nuts all came off pretty easily.

I've got one of those c-clamp type, ball joint press kits on its way. In the past I've had to remove the entire lower wishbone and balance it on the 20-T press table...not fun.

I've got one of those c-clamp type, ball joint press kits on its way. In the past I've had to remove the entire lower wishbone and balance it on the 20-T press table...not fun.

Dammit

This looks like the best place for this. 49 Tire (I'd say @wct49 , but we know it was really @offr0adlim0 ) installed the SSO bumper yesterday for me. Got a Come UP DV-9 winch from @wct49 as well. Looks clean installed, they did a great job.

Light bar is the 30" Heiss, I got that from SSO with the bumper. No where did it say that some trimming would be required for the "premium" rocker switch. Debating whether to find one that will fit (the ones i can find are only 3 amp switches and that Rocker is a 20 amp) or getting @offr0adlim0 drunk at the next meeting and letting him cut up my dash. Or maybe getting drunk myself and doing it....

I think it rides and handles better, feels less loose over bumps and while turning.

I'm torn on suspension, I don't think I can park in the garage and lift it. Might just do 5100s and bump the front up a bit to make it level out. Or maybe get OME springs med/heavy for the front to correct for the winch/bumper weight, regular OME springs in the back and 5100s all around and just park in the drive way with a 2" lift.

I need to look at Patricks and decide. Then save up some more $$.

I've read over 2-2.5" you need to do diff drops and/or UCAs (maybe?) and all that. So I'm thinking 2" is probably the max I would go. The 5100s can do stock, .75" to 3" I believe in the front (I forget how many settings they have), then the back is lifted only with springs or spacers. Chris talked me out of spacers so.... yeah.

Didn't think about the Prinsu... might need to do that and then the lift. Or both at the same time if a pile of cash falls in my lap at some point.

People think you need UCAs and diff drops on 80s too.

3" over stock and then back down 1" or more due to winch and bumper weight.

2" rear spacer.

It works. Patrick's is level and will be 1" down factory take after he adds Winch

@chimay you using a relay in the light bar circuit? If so the 3A switch will be fine, if not, might check it out. Seem to be better for high amp draw components. Is that switch blank smaller than the older Toyota ones? I thought those rocker switches were direct fit in Toyota blanks.

Regardless, bumper looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom