Orion gear info... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My money would be on Mark....

Significantly less transit time to him than me.

:beer:

Good news!

Got my hi-speed gear Friday. Also a new shift fork,rail,ball,spring and brass hex screw.....Almost ready to begin assembly now.....just a few more minor items to scrounge together.. Here are pics: 1st is the original hi-speed Orion gear next to the cut one.
OriHiwcutwocut.JPG

Nuther shot.......
Ori2s.JPG

Here is a side shot of the uncut gear.......
Ori4s.JPG

Here is the cut gear....
Ori3s.JPG
Ori5s.JPG

Here is pic of the rest of the goodies in the 'update' kit from AA:
Orion1.jpg
Orion2.jpg

Update my ass. Thats a fix it kit for the mistakes of the fawktard that did the original R&D.

Well John,

Call it and whoever any name you want, but at the end of the day, at least they were willing to listen to input form and work with customers and installers to try and resolve the situation, and have been able to admidt their mistakes and move forward with things. I am no AA suck, just a satisfied re-seller and customer. Further, at least they are willing to try and offer something for a vehicle that has been out of production for 20+ years, and has no compatability with any other in the field.

Weren’t you part of the ‘taper tooth’ bandwagon? ;)

Go grab a :beer: and have a good weekend!

-Steve

Well , do you have to buy the kit or is it a free kit ?
I just felt that with the data on the problems it was something that would have been caught in developement.
Is that better ?

It is free, as I think was posted up previously... :beer:

Development happened in all over the USA, not just at AA. ;)

Well thank you , when can I expect it , thanks for lokkin out .

Well that will fix the problems of popping out and make they case tolerances better than original toyota with those thrust washers.

ttt

For my pal Ed! :)

peesalot said:
C'mon Markey , showem what your old tired ass can do.

Bwaaaahhhhhha! I just found this thread again TODAY! So much for timeliness.

Looking at the info that's come online in the meantime, I can tell you that the "fix" solved one set of problems, but may have created another. I've had to do some machining of my own with what I got, and I'm still worried about where AA has left the individual installer that does not have the resources I do.

Yes Mark....

Oh wait....

Your phone is ringing!

Poser said:
...Development happened in all over the USA...

Make that world... ;)

65swb45 said:
... but may have created another....

Do tell...

Oddly enough all of the ones I have sold pre-dated the AA fix kit and have had no problems that I know of? I spoke in depth with AA & the engineer here in SLC about the whole deal, there are still conflicting opinions it seems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom