Original Yazaki wires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at these Yazaki spark plug wires (which initially I thought looked like ok condition replacements) is it possible that these are truly 39 year old wires, or could they be reproduction?

3BEC7281-A05A-471A-85C6-9AD43E896E01.jpeg

Looking at these Yazaki spark plug wires (which initially I thought looked like ok condition replacements) is it possible that these are truly 39 year old wires, or could they be reproduction?

View attachment 3127708
OG baby! Hard to beat that kind of quality! :D

Yazaki printed dates on the wires they make. So those were made in 1983.
I have worked on FJ25 harnesses that had 1958 prinited on them. The wires on the FJ25 are far superior to the ones they later used on the FJ40. The insulation on wires under tape are still as flexible as the day they were made. Tinned wire also instead of bare copper so it does not corrode as easy.
IMG_0297.jpg

Yazaki printed dates on the wires they make. So those were made in 1983.
I have worked on FJ25 harnesses that had 1958 prinited on them. The wires on the FJ25 are far superior to the ones they later used on the FJ40. The insulation on wires under tape are still as flexible as the day they were made. Tinned wire also instead of bare copper so it does not corrode as easy.View attachment 3128003
Interesting, given the truck is a May of 82. Must have been replaced early in life. Idle has a bit of a stumble in it, will be interesting to see how new plugs and wires will affect it.

Interesting, given the truck is a May of 82. Must have been replaced early in life. Idle has a bit of a stumble in it, will be interesting to see how new plugs and wires will affect it.

they were replaced with 1983 production year wires / cord set because there was a Dealership Campaign / Recall TSB ( Technical Service Bulletin )

on the original factory PLANT A-11 Set had a Parts Supersession on this particular topic at that exact time window in NORTH AMERICA Destination Markets ....

- now ,

- the opposite / reverse holds true still today in 2022 , i recently purchased a 10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK w/ 3FE the next day after i brought home my girl the " GHOST "

i placed a special needs parts order via my local dealer parts' dept. and here on the east coast ALL Land Cruiser Parts at locked up tight at the BOSTON PDC

( Parts Distribution Center ) , on the west coast a much larger facility exists because MOST Land Cruiser parts are still made in JAPAN , but that's also rapidly changing

too sadly , :confused:

- located and called ONTARIO California PDC

- also , the HIGHEST concentration of Land Cruisers lives from DENVER CO. west and beyond ......

- my FJ62 CORD set had to come from the PNTARIO facility , who showed ONLY 2 sets on-hand at the time say , less then 60 days ago ..

- my NEW OEM YAZAKI parts maker Toyota genuine parts cord set date code was / is 2020 ......

- so they must have a long shelf life in climate control :D

- so that's some YAZAKI OEM parts maker Phun-Facts do soon not forget , because ...........

- TOYOA has DISC. / NLA ALL F and F1.5 cord sets , and ONLY the 8/80-9/87 2F FJ60 set is still a good part # , the 8/80 - 10/83 USA Spec. FJ40 did have its own unique to it part # cord set , ONLY difference was the length of the primary COIL WIRE itself .......

- can u use the FJ60 cord set still available on a F1.5 or Siamese F for example or the 3FE FJ62 cord set on a FJ60 or F1.5 ..................

- its all about the primary coil wire , and the enhanced internal resistance values spec'd in the FSM for the 6 cords them selves ....

- i simply love the TOUGH AS NAILS make up of the toyota oem cords sets for our land cruisers , but sadly i predict in the short term the last 2 part #s FJ60 and FJ62
will be axed one day before we know it , and then what ?

- will we all have to BIT#H loud at the so called HERITAGE PROGRAM for basic tune up parts ?

- perhaps indeed so ?

YAZAKI Banner #1 .jpg

Last edited:
- TOYOA has DISC. / NLA ALL F and F1.5 cord sets , and ONLY the 8/80-9/87 2F FJ60 set is still a good part # , the 8/80 - 10/83 USA Spec. FJ40 did have its own unique to it part # cord set , ONLY difference was the length of the primary COIL WIRE itself .......
Bought 90919-21322 this year and it was readily available, Yazaki wires for F.5 and early 2F !

I think the only difference the F cords had is a shorter coil wire as the coil was installed on the block... but the longer wire of the F.5 should work if needed I guess.

they were replaced with 1983 production year wires / cord set because there was a Dealership Campaign / Recall TSB ( Technical Service Bulletin )

on the original factory PLANT A-11 Set had a Parts Supersession on this particular topic at that exact time window in NORTH AMERICA Destination Markets ....

- now ,

- the opposite / reverse holds true still today in 2022 , i recently purchased a 10/88 FJ62LG-PNEK w/ 3FE the next day after i brought home my girl the " GHOST "

i placed a special needs parts order via my local dealer parts' dept. and here on the east coast ALL Land Cruiser Parts at locked up tight at the BOSTON PDC

( Parts Distribution Center ) , on the west coast a much larger facility exists because MOST Land Cruiser parts are still made in JAPAN , but that's also rapidly changing

too sadly , :confused:

- located and called ONTARIO California PDC

- also , the HIGHEST concentration of Land Cruisers lives from DENVER CO. west and beyond ......

- my FJ62 CORD set had to come from the PNTARIO facility , who showed ONLY 2 sets on-hand at the time say , less then 60 days ago ..

- my NEW OEM YAZAKI parts maker Toyota genuine parts cord set date code was / is 2020 ......

- so they must have a long shelf life in climate control :D

- so that's some YAZAKI OEM parts maker Phun-Facts do soon not forget , because ...........

- can u use the FJ60 cord set still available on a F1.5 or Siamese F for example or the 3FE FJ62 cord set on a FJ60 or F1.5 ..................

- its all about the primary coil wire , and the enhanced internal resistance values spec'd in the FSM for the 6 cords them selves ....

- i simply love the TOUGH AS NAILS make up of the toyota oem cords sets for our land cruisers , but sadly i predict in the short term the last 2 part #s FJ60 and FJ62
will be axed one day before we know it , and then what ?

- will we all have to BIT#H loud at the so called HERITAGE PROGRAM for basic tune up parts ?

- perhaps indeed so ?

View attachment 3128531

Excellent intel! Many thanks!

Excellent intel! Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom