Opinions on FJ43 Please (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That set of pictures would be exactly what it took to cause me serious concern. A 25 footer of the whole rig in addition to a couple well placed others trying to hide the ugly. Most telling is the extreme lack of time/care/prep on the overspray paint job .... the shifter boot, door jams, and rust spots coming through the paint tell a worrisome story.

(you're okay with no heater I assume)

That machine was prepped for a quick sale.

cruiser-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully less than half the price I saw. It's an $8K - $9K truck IMO. Just be careful and definitely don't commit until you've seen it in person. It looks to be missing the vin plate on the door jamb. NC DMV can be picky when it comes to verifying vin plates from out of state. An officer will come personally look at the truck prior to you being able to register it. Again, be careful. Do your due diligence.

Why not look for a nice FJ40 that has lived its life here stateside? If you need the extra space that a 43 provides, maybe look for a 60 or 62? I know...43's are uber cool and you don't see them, but finding one that isn't totally molested is tough. You are searching for a unicorn, and for less than this seller's asking price you can buy a damn nice 60 or 62 with disc brakes, heat and (gasp!) air conditioning...a truck that you can jump in and drive and enjoy every day if you wanted to. I've probably said too much here so I'll get off my soap box. Good luck and let us know what you ultimately decide. It would be nice to have a 43 represented in the club. I don't know of any other ones.

Last edited:
Love 40s, but I have 4 kids that I want to tote around hence the extra room on the 43s. Thanks for the honest feedback...

Be cautious. I see significant over spay on grommets, bolts, etc. still could be decent but I'm sure there is stuff hiding.

IMO young kids have no business sitting in side facing rear seats...especially with only lap belts (that is assuming a 43 actually has rear lap belts). Maybe for a short ride through the neighborhood but on the highway it's a dangerous situation. I have always converted my 40's to a rear bench with 3 point belts for that reason. Jump seats are cool and all but safety comes first when it comes to my kids. I bet you can find a nice 80 with the third row for what you want to spend on that 43.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom