Events/Trails Open Invite Throw-down on Rug Road 1/11 - 1/12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ron breaking in his new firebox
7D_33645-small.jpg

Heading up the hill
7D_33647-small.jpg

View from above
7D_33656-small.jpg

More up
7D_33661-small.jpg

Up on the pass - still some snow left up there
7D_33672-small.jpg

Boilers left by the miners
7D_33693-small.jpg
7D_33697-small.jpg
7D_33700-small.jpg
7D_33715-small.jpg

29 miles from my house to Turkey Creek - 159 miles back through Globe
7D_33717 Cropped.jpg

Good run, Now I need to wipe the shoe prints off my dash.

Steve, I vote you manage it, not to far from your place, as the crow flies... 👍

I want to thank Jason @ARJMN for putting this together. I wish I had got to camp earlier, but I had a great time. The campfire was fantastic. I had a blast talking to everyone.

On a whim I took the 4Runner. Sure it had very tired 29” street tires, but the back way to Turkey Creek is pretty tame. My memory recalled it being tamer. I’ll put that to being in the 80 last time. I’ll say that 22mpg was on my mind.

As I’m pulling into park someone said “Hey, I think you have a flat tire”. Sure enough, a nice slice in the treads.

No big deal, I’ll put on the spare and gingerly return to town. There was a team effort changing my tire since I couldn’t find my tire lowering extension. Thanks for the loan Ben. I did find it today, buried in the quarter panel.

There was a “Oh s***” moment when I was trying to back up to leave. I couldn’t move. At first I’m thinking my junkyard steel rim was binding, nope. Then Ben says, just give it some gas. It frees up. I’m noticing my e-brake is acting funny. I’m pretty sure that my getting in late and all the creek crossing had everything back there pretty wet and therefore quite frozen. Made it back just fine.

So Monday morning I found these on Facebook Market Place.
FD930F99-3BFD-480D-ABDB-B9E3B6852365.jpeg

Today I put these on.
2EE30DC5-7648-4D11-B7BD-B25121ADBD9A.jpeg

I’m now ready for the next relic run.

975A72E1-2DE6-4E81-A544-391B237922FE.jpeg

I’ve been needing and wanting new tires for some time. This little adventure got the ball rolling. Somehow I crammed a 30” spare tire back there and now I’m thinking I don’t need to fuss with the suspension anymore. Looking pretty good.

Thanks for the run and getting me out of the house for the night. Plus I finally had to put new tires on the 4Runner.

Went to discount and told them I hit a pothole. They looked at the tire and saw that there was an exposed belt and gave me a replacement. Had to buy new warranty for the tire though. After everything, it cost me $37.
That is sweet. Good to know

Next trip over the pass to Turkey Creek will look a little burnt . . .
Galiuro fire pics from 2020-08-03 5 PM to 8 PM in reverse chronology.

8 PM
17D_35863-small.jpg
27D_35828-small.jpg
37D_35817-small.jpg
47D_35769-small.jpg

5 PM
57D_35669-small.jpg

Evidently no-one is doing the right rain dance. When I mashed my finger the other day, it rained like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom