ONSC Chat (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have always have good luck with them. I say "luck", because that's all it is. Any dealer I have worked with, even those owned or operated by close friends, you roll the dice depending on who answers the phone or who is behind the counter.

I have used them with good success, though never had to return or exchange a part. They are definitely cheaper, sometimes by as much as half as I discovered when looking for a cam gear for an FJ60. They have even had parts my local stealership and others online say are no longer available. Maybe they are so cheap because they go out of their way to provide refunds. :frown:

i ordered a manual antenna from them, since the option isn't available in the states.

I ordered a manual antenna as well from the Autozones for $10.99. It's been great for 4 years.

40 guys, I have a possible barn find. What should I look for besides rust?

BTW, it's a square bezel.

Working motor and a title go a long way

Off topic, but if anyone has in depth knowledge of Landlord/Tenant laws in NC and US, I have a concern.

Current owner of new home has a tenant who is looking to stay PAST transfer of ownership. I do not believe she pays rent and I am concerned she will try to stay.

The worst of it is she is staying in the apartment we need to stay in to run our business. I see these horror stories of people staying a long time at a AirBnB and then becoming "Tentants At Will" and basically never having to leave . . .

Hey guys is this the place to post a "should I buy it?" question?

If so its a clean carfax 01 100 with 171k.

Timing belt change at 105k "noted on Carfax under 90k Service at a Toyota dealership

4 owners but the first had it for 170k miles. Then a dealer, then another dealer, and now the guy i might be buying it from. Homie saind he needs to rennovate the house and his wife is on his ass to sell it.

$8500

What do I do?!?!

"Hey guys is this the place to post a "should I buy it?" question?

If so its a clean carfax 01 100 with 171k.

Timing belt change at 105k "noted on Carfax under 90k Service at a Toyota dealership

4 owners but the first had it for 155k miles. Then a dealer, another guy for 15k who had it serviced at toyota, and now the guy i might be buying it from. Homie said he needs funds to renovate the house and his wife is on his ass to sell it.

$8500

What do I do?!?!"

Different post locations, similar story, different mileage. So, whats the real story? Most amusing sir, Wipers!

2 dealers and 1 owner only put 1k on it and now he is selling. i would be cautious, take it to a mechanic and have them check it out.

Off topic, but if anyone has in depth knowledge of Landlord/Tenant laws in NC and US, I have a concern.

Current owner of new home has a tenant who is looking to stay PAST transfer of ownership. I do not believe she pays rent and I am concerned she will try to stay.

The worst of it is she is staying in the apartment we need to stay in to run our business. I see these horror stories of people staying a long time at a AirBnB and then becoming "Tentants At Will" and basically never having to leave . . .
I don't have any advice Jamie but good luck. We had a rental in our neighbor. The owner moved to DC and had a mgmt company looking after the house. Needless to say the mgmt company never checked on the tenant or the condition of the house. The tenant was running a day care / pet sitting business from the house. The neighbors complains about the garbage out front and the amount of traffic visiting the house and someone contacted the owner. The owner came down and was pretty shocked by the conditions. The mgmt company had been telling him they were checking on the house regularly when in fact they had never been there. The worst part is he couldn't have her evicted immediately. She ended up staying in the house until he took her to court. Once she was out, the damage to the house was in the tens of thousands. Dog urine and feces everywhere. I got the story from him as he was pulling sheetrock covered in pee off the walls.

Thanks for the story @lumbee1

I have put the issue to our closing attorney - she should advise us on this and we will have to have an arrangement or we will not close and the from what I can tell the Seller will be in breach . . .

@weejub I do not know the law on this subject but I think that she is not paying makes a difference. There are ways to remove a person from your property. Not all of them strictly legal. To start, if this person makes an issue of it, they'd not get one minute of sleep.

@weejub in NC the Sheriffs are responsible for eviction and should be well versed on what can and can't be done.
The tenant, has more rights with the existing seller, but unless she has gotten some equity position in the property (title search should have revealed this), she has no claim once title has transferred.
Call the Sheriff's Office. Find out what's what and line them up for when things are ready to close.

Last edited:
To qualify my comment a bit, I have a little experience from when I lived in the Keys in removing non paying tenants that decide to stay. These were low life types tearing up the place etc while waiting for the legal process to go through it's paces. That can take months to a year to happen, all the time the squatters usually are messing up the property and pissing off neighbors. The KW cops and county sheriff's deputies looked the other way as they were well aware of the losses that property owners suffered under this system. It was quite common.

Your situation does not appear that extreme.

Edit: Keep in mind this was Key West, lower Keys in the late 90s when KW was putting "bums" on buses and shipping them out of the county. When they got caught they built a tent city out next to the jail on Stock Island and bused the bums there every day.

Last edited:
This is just all kinds of cool.

ENGLEWOOD, FL (WWSB) - A woman in Englewood, FL, captured a picture of an unidentified large cat sneaking up on a bird in her back yard.

Carol Bierwagen captured the image while she was drinking her morning coffee.

The cat could be either a large bobcat or a Florida panther, an endangered subspecies of cougar.

Englewood is in west-central Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. The Florida panther lives primarily in the Everglades, but has been spotted further north. Bobcats are found throughout the state.

15646934_G.jpg

Florida woman spots mystery cat in back yard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom