ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will try chalk.

45 feels right but I also need shocks.

It's not fake - just Alternative Facts are presented - Deloris is legally 43, but because a loophole in NC law, her time spent on these boards reading ONSC Chat does not count against her life.

Anyone have experience running a stump grinder??

I have 6 stumps to do.

Grew up on a farm running all kinds of equipment.

Are there any tricks or things to watch out for??

Thank you.

Is it a new stump? No idea on stump grinders :( Would like to see one in use :)

If old, bigger and burn-able, you can take your chainsaw, and cross hatch down inside the trunk as far as you feel comfortable and only into the wood. Pour in some diesel - enough to coat the inside. Let it sit for a while. Then get a bag of charcoal and sit it on of it and let it works its way down. fill in hole, after with dirt.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience running a stump grinder??

I have 6 stumps to do.

Grew up on a farm running all kinds of equipment.

Are there any tricks or things to watch out for??

Thank you.

If its a rental.... bury that blade and go deep, get it all. Slow shallow sweeping motion till you get there. If you have a fence/gate measure the opening before renting the machine or consider dropping a panel for access.

Keep those fingers and toes clear and weigh the cost of a hired helper. Probably $75-100/ stump so you are likely making the right move to rent. However if uou have a monster stump youll need an appropriate size machine as well. If you do hire it out make sure they grind 10" below surface. If not watching that means 2" to them.

Anyone have an idea for how to display t-shirts and hats at a mobile event? I want something better than our shirts hanging off a clothesline under our canopy. I was thinking something like this, but would be pretty pricey by the time I replaced the glass with plexi so I didn't have to worry about it breaking while I'm loading and unloading it.

fabrikor-glass-door-cabinet-gray__0177051_PE329681_S4.JPG

That seems pretty made up and fake to me. Really disappointing to see something like that posted in this group.
No, sadly I know Delores. We went to school together. She's got issues.

Sadly, this sight also lacks a levity font so I'll just say, if we can't laugh at opioids addiction what can we laugh at?

Sad times. I found out the hard way that a good friend of mine was a crack addict. You can read all about him online, unfortunately. Tyrone Biggums.

Scott, I think hanging shirts would be a better/ easier display. and just keep them in a Rubbermaid tub...

I'll just say, if we can't laugh at opioids addiction what can we laugh at?

The meme is not really making fun of opioid addiction. It appears that its real intent is to insinuate that Christians, conservatives and Trump supporters are too stupid to know that smoking weed doesn't have the same before and after effects of, let's say, methamphetamine or crack. Meth users seem to be the ones that are depicted the most in before / after photos where they look old and shriveled up.

There is a lot of Trump bashing that goes on here. I understand that. We all have our opinions. I prefer to just keep mine to myself. I try not to let others' posts offend me. I'm not too crazy about the picture the meme paints of Christians. That part disappoints me a little but then, I suppose we are all not Christians here either...and that's okay. I'll get over it in 3...2...1...

Over it.

As I said, I don't get too political on here, but I will say this: Humor is one of the many pleasures in life that has fallen victim to the current age of safe speech zones, leftist speech censorship and political correctness. Suddenly everyone is offended by everything that they don't agree with, and heaven forbid you say something about someone's ethnic background or their religion. I would hate to be a comedian these days. When you take away all the non-politically correct speech, there's nothing funny left to say! One of the comedic greats, Don Rickles, just died a few weeks ago. He bashed everybody...including himself. Eddie Murphy...Chris Rock...Holy Crap! Now comedians are shying away from booking dates at college campuses all around the country for fear of offending the new crop of PC kids. We are losing the freedom to laugh at each other and at ourselves. That makes me sad.

Post up what you want. I don't care. If it's funny, I will laugh. If it's not then it obviously doesn't apply to me. I will move on.

Last edited:
What is the best small sander in your opinion? I have to refinish some wood shutters.

Miguel. Hes our best by far. And small

(This humor not intended to insult anyone)

But in all seriousness that sounds like an odd job for a power tool. Id say random orbit palm sander for outer frame..... louvers may take a sanding block/sponge or some hand action it seems.

Like a mouse sander. There are 10 shutters and lots of slats. I think the mouse sander could help. I will have a block sander as well.

A lot of folks tried this one...
images

...but read the reviews before you buy.

Last edited:
@roadstr6 - it's not just college kids.

Last week I went to Vegas with my wife who was attending a conference for work. Jay Leno headlined their keynote speech and I managed to sneak my way into the conference to see him. He did his typically one liner bits about everything, from obesity to Trump to Hillary to Bush to Obama to helicopter parents to men to women. Nothing was very distasteful, just edging the line.

And my wife mentioned the conference got a lot of complaints about him. The average attendee was in their late 30s. Very sad indeed that we live in a time where people get too burthurt about things.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom