ONSC Chat (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agree with steve. Looks like you could drop crotch prune that limb out. Definately could be cut at red line close as possible to the branch collar without cutting into. May possibly be better to remove the whole forked branch below where it intersects trunk but may open up a decent hole in canopy for a season or two. More along yellow line but lower out of pic close to trunk.

IMG_2572.JPG

this thing was my favorite truck there.... the removable camper it had on the back was unreal

Great pictures Al! Pretty intense look on your face in the driving photo.
Last photo, the 6WD. Where would one practically use it? It just seems huge to me. I dig it, just curios.

. . . .Where would one practically use it? It just seems huge to me. I dig it, just curios.

Heather has agreed to sell the house and live out of a RV in 4 years. I would still work for my current company, but since I get to work from home whenever needed, we could do like THU - MON "around" and then camp it in the parking lot at work the two days in the office :)

The above might be too expensive - wonder how much they go for? We would likely sell EVERYTHING - all other cars, etc. :)

Great pictures Al! Pretty intense look on your face in the driving photo.
Last photo, the 6WD. Where would one practically use it? It just seems huge to me. I dig it, just curios.

They are pretty much mobile base camps. Not great for trails in Western WA or anywhere east of the Mississippi but would be great in the south west and eastern washington.

Easier to just think about it as a 6x6 RV same thing as a Unimog. Has some serious capability but is size limited. Great for exploring wide open spaces.

I wish I had a picture of the camper it had on the back.

Yea we are looking for something a little smaller, like the Earth Cruiser.

Who local to Charlotte is good at fabricating and has availability this week/weekend? I need the hinges on the International's axe throwing target wall reinforced.

Anyone got a spindle cover laying around? I removed my swing arm and need one. Slee has them for $25. Or is a way to build my own? Thanks.

I saw these at exxon yesterday :lol:

Believe it or not..... pretty sure this was posted in 80s tech if you feel like looking around.

Otherwise light coat of grease and watch your pants leg. Or wanna get crazy and try plastidip? Otherwise id be looking online for shovel/wheelbarrow/tool handle slide on grips maybe.

IMG_2602.JPG

After a horrible winter/spring and a really hazy first day of summer we finally got a nice show for a sunset last night aroumd 10pm from the apartment.

IMG_20170621_112223_901.jpg

My personal fleet is moving in the direction of an all-Toyota fleet. I recently sold my JK Rubicon. My daily driver '00 Honda Accord is getting long in the tooth with 230K miles so I have been considering setting it out to pasture as well. This little deal came along so I decided to splurge and get something newer (if not uglier) for a daily driver. Meet "Miss Libby," my NEW '02 Avalon!

IMG_3376[1].JPG

Miss Libby is a one owner car with 51K miles. Her previous owner (named Libby) bought the car in '01 at the age of 80 years old. Sadly, she passed on in February of this year at the ripe old age of 98! The car was bought new in Statesville and has lived it's whole life in the South Park area of Charlotte. There are plenty of dents and scrapes as old ladies tend to bump into things but in great shape overall. I'm looking forward to letting the old gal experience a new life away from bingo parlors and K&W Cafeterias. On the way in to work today, she made 80 mph floating down the Interstate and I'm pretty sure I used her CD player for the first time ever. We rocked the Pantera.

Last edited:
My personal fleet is moving in the direction of an all-Toyota fleet. I recently sold my JK Rubicon. My daily driver '00 Honda Accord is getting long in the tooth with 230K miles so I have been considering setting it out to pasture as well. This little deal came along so I decided to splurge and get something newer (if not uglier) for a daily driver. Meet "Miss Libby," my NEW '02 Avalon!

View attachment 1482811

Miss Libby is a one owner car with 51K miles. Her previous owner (named Libby) bought the car in '01 at the age of 80 years old. Sadly, she passed on in February of this year at the ripe old age of 98! The car was bought new in Statesville and has lived it's whole life in the South Park area of Charlotte. There are plenty of dents and scrapes as old ladies tend to bump into things but in great shape overall. I'm looking forward to letting the old gal experience a new life away from bingo parlors and K&W Cafeterias. On the way in to work today, she made 80 mph floating down the Interstate and I'm pretty sure I used her CD player for the first time ever. We rocked the Pantera.

Nice car! Is that the year they came it with the Ensure dispenser and Jitterbug phone holder?

The 1MZ-FE (3.0 V6) is a sweet little engine. Quiet and plenty of power. They do have an issue with sludge building up on the top ends. A quick glance under the filler cap confirms that this one is affected somewhat. Probably due to it being driven as a short trip vehicle and only averaging about 3k miles/year. I plan on switching to a high detergent synthetic oil and just replacing the pcv every other oil change. It should go a looong time.

Heather's Avalon is a great car. She just put a new set of Michelins not to long ago and it got even better. Great car for trips, plenty of power and comfortable. I did the rear bank coil packs and plugs the first week she had it. That job will test your religion.

Hope yours serves you well Dave

Very cool Scott congrats, it's been a long road. Go out and have dinner a few extra times now because once you open you will be at your place every waking hour. Hardest part is figuring out which civil servants you pay off :)

@NCFJ - read that this morning. We just signed our lease this afternoon so are officially official. Time to hit the social media and mobile axe throwing marketing and figure out permitting stuff and everything else....
Outstanding! let us know when we can come and wreck it!

Tire balancing question.

I had my tires rotated and balanced. The shop set the air pressure at 29 psi front and 32 psi rear.

I moved the air pressure to 45 psi front and rear and it made a big difference. The question is, do I need the tires balanced again at 45 psi?

These sidewalls are very stiff. When deflated they barely appear to have lost any air.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom