ONLINE DEAL: 5 Gal Scepter Water Cans $16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Water Can Bags

Hey all,

I found a great deal on brand new insulated water can covers see pics below. These are the real deal! I can get them for $10.00 each and will ship them out on your dime. They weigh about 9lbs. each and will ship from zip code 93065. Please PM me with any questions or order requests. I am not a vendor. I just found a good deal and will be the middle man for you guys. If you want to pay via paypal its ok but I have to charge you the pay pal service fee. I prefer checks or local cash pickup. I am in the SFV are of So.Cal. The bags are all brand new. The og govt. price per bag is around $160/each

Dynosoar:zilla:
can1.jpg
can2.jpg
can3.jpg

Any chance you found them at a Goodwill store? I have seen these at a Goodwill in Lancaster, PA. I still think they were more than 10 bucks though. Super cool of you to do this for the online community!

How long ago? Did they ship to you in the USA to a private address?

I ordered them about 1 month or so ago and yes, they shipped to a private address in California.

Is anyone planning on mounting these? If so, how?

Got mine in the mail today! I am going to mount them to in Hannibal jerry can holders to my rack.

Cool! The holders looks like something that can be mocked up for a trailer.

Check your cans for leaks. I had one of four leak at the release valve on cap. Called CS and they were going to send out a new can and call tag for the bad one. Told them all i needed was a cap, and they could save money by sending just that. They agreed and a new cap is enroute.

She did ask me what i'm using these for. Seems they are flying out the door for the last 6 months and Desert Tan is currently on backorder awaiting a production run. I'd be willing to bet the price goes up once they realize their competition is not shipping to US vendors.

Just ordered 4 of the tan cans. Took my order fine, I guess I'll find out if they are in stock.

The Scepter cans came with an oring on the air bleeder. I sourced them from Mcmaster, but the oring number is at work. I will post it. Something like $6 for 50 of them. Easy to install. I also sourced an oring for the other cap on the lid.

I received the desert sand water cans today to fill the rest of my order. I got a call yesterday and they told me that they were on backorder but they have arrived and I would receive them shortly. I like the desert sand better than the OD green water cans(same color as my gas cans- oops) If someone in santa cruz or sillycone valley wants 2 new OD green water cans $32 and they are yours.

Hey all,

I found a great deal on brand new insulated water can covers see pics below. These are the real deal! I can get them for $10.00 each and will ship them out on your dime. They weigh about 9lbs. each and will ship from zip code 93065. Please PM me with any questions or order requests. I am not a vendor. I just found a good deal and will be the middle man for you guys. If you want to pay via paypal its ok but I have to charge you the pay pal service fee. I prefer checks or local cash pickup. I am in the SFV are of So.Cal. The bags are all brand new. The og govt. price per bag is around $160/each

Hey Dyno,

Have you used these? How are the insulating properties? What cans do they fit?

I have used the bags. They kick ass. They fit any std 5gal (20L) can, I use the plastic fantastics. I am unable to get any more of the bags at this time, but if my guy gets some more I will let you guys know.

using water can for fuel

I have been using a water can for fuel for over 15 years with no problems what so ever. I did spray a wide band of truck bed liner on the can to mark it from my other water containers. I had to use the water can for fuel because on a convoy a private failed to visually check his fuel level and relied on his fuel gauge. Murphy's law struck and all I could find was the water can. Since the can was ruined for water I took it home and have been using it for fuel from then on.

I have been using a water can for fuel for over 15 years with no problems what so ever. I did spray a wide band of truck bed liner on the can to mark it from my other water containers. I had to use the water can for fuel because on a convoy a private failed to visually check his fuel level and relied on his fuel gauge. Murphy's law struck and all I could find was the water can. Since the can was ruined for water I took it home and have been using it for fuel from then on.

Is your water can one of the nato metal cns or the Scepter style plastic ones like LCI is selling?

I pulled the military fuel can testing requirements and did some testing with the LCI water cans. I added viton seals to all the lid surfaces, but could not get the can to pass the leak down pressure test. I was pretty sure that I could get it to pass, but at like 10psi it started leaking.

Is your water can one of the nato metal cns or the Scepter style plastic ones like LCI is selling?

I pulled the military fuel can testing requirements and did some testing with the LCI water cans. I added viton seals to all the lid surfaces, but could not get the can to pass the leak down pressure test. I was pretty sure that I could get it to pass, but at like 10psi it started leaking.

Is 10psi a pressure to expect in the real world?... heat from the sun? altitude?

Would anyone be kind enough to get a picture or report what codes were used for the plastic. It's typically a triangle with a code w/in it. These look great but the BPA (as noted above) concern makes me want to be somewhat cautious.

Water can for fuel

My water can that I use for fuel is the plastic can like LCI. It is a USGI can so it must be a Scepter can. I have always heard while I was in the military that the fuel and water cans are all made the same less the cosmetic differences. The fuel cans always have three handles on top and the water only one so you can tell the difference in the dark and in battle. This system has been adopted by most militaries. I don't know what the EPA / DHEC has to say about it but as long as it isn't leaking fuel I don't see the problem. I never had any leaks and I have had it on the back of my ATV, back of my FJ40, and riding in my boat for spare fuel. If it can stand all that pounding it passes my test. The only problem I have had at times was pouring it. I finally found a screw on funnel at my local auto parts store that works great. :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom