One in a million (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beautiful 04LX. But if a scum scamming, I'd like to see the seller nailed by the Law.

I'm curious: Did the seller come out of the house seen in the back ground, to greet you and hand you the carfax and history?

I'm wondering if someone in CA has found away, to change the stored odometer data. Rather than, swap-out the dash.

These observation do not mean, not as stated in CL ad. But they are red flags for the what is stated:
  • No VIN # posted in add or pictures of.
  • Fluid in brake master is much darker than I'd expect. Additionally, the front center square chamber looks empty. This if found in higher mileage master.
  • Radiator support paint weaning off. Which is found in higher mileage. Due to dust between hood rubber seal an support.
  • Radiator is discolor, like found around 250K miles.
  • Fins of A/T oil cooler, is more like what's found when a good amount of miles on HWY.
  • Professionally detailing under the hood. Not typical of low mile, one owner, for sale by owner.
  • Variations in color under the hood: Rubber, plastic, bolts, firewall & such.

00F0F_5KN3s4PwIzg_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

Cargo mat, threshold bridge, gate carpet leading edge and gate latch hooks. Do not look right, for statements in ad.
00v0v_cBpgdo6JG2d_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

Is it lighting or a variation in color shade of hood to fender!
01313_75bPMC1hsJK_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg

Did seller come out of that house.

Good callouts for us all. No. no house, met in a public spot nearby. The other note and an activation of my spider sense was I saw the timing belt and water belt was done (in documents seller provided from Lexus Marin) but there was no sticker in indicating when it was replaced).

I've already moved on to looking at my neighbors 2015 LX570. :p

yup, to me, a red flag would have been seeing it stating that the timing belt was done at 60K. Who would do that?

I would contact the powers that be about that, what a scumbag. And keep an eye on CL too to save other people from being taken.

I've done my share of PPI's in our shop and I've seen it all. I'm still amazed at what lengths sellers, excuse me scammers; will go to.

Craigslist used to have an option to report listings.

I recently looked at a 100 series LC. Guess the sellers weren't expecting someone of my experience and knowledge to inspect it. Found a few things they were clearly intentionally trying to hide. The seller walked away and went inside as I was crawling underneath pointing out my findings.

Last edited:
Timing belt is done at 60k for a 19 yr old vehicle is no surprise due to age. I was about to buy this too 10 days ago but scam lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom