"On road" handling differences with locker in the rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy said:
That's almost hard to beleive ...

Have you gone over any speed bumps with the shockless truck yet? How did it respond to those?

Tell me ... Kinda gotta drive it to believe it ...

Going ove ra speed bump I get the usual speed bump 'bump' plus one more smaller bump then nothing. No bounce, bounce, bounce like you would think ???

???

Cahil

Aussie is installed in the rear. I just did it today so no real test yet. I may head up the Interamerican Highway about 1/2 hour north of us this weekend where all the flooding happened and that should test things out!!

To those who've installed an Aussie Locker I have a few questions.
1) when you did the freewheel test did one side seem tighter than the other?
2) how critical is the cam to cam spacing? I'm right at the top limit. What to do to reduce it is the spacer to pin clearance is within spec?

cruiser_guy said:
Aussie is installed in the rear. I just did it today so no real test yet. I may head up the Interamerican Highway about 1/2 hour north of us this weekend where all the flooding happened and that should test things out!!

To those who've installed an Aussie Locker I have a few questions.
1) when you did the freewheel test did one side seem tighter than the other?
2) how critical is the cam to cam spacing? I'm right at the top limit. What to do to reduce it is the spacer to pin clearance is within spec?

The folks at Aussie say it is important enough to void the warranty.

What you do is get the thickest thrust washers Toyota makes for your side gears and drop those in (go on the side gears)

What was your pin to spacer measurement?

Mine did not seem tighter from one side to the other...

PabloCruise said:
The folks at Aussie say it is important enough to void the warranty.

What you do is get the thickest thrust washers Toyota makes for your side gears and drop those in (go on the side gears)

What was your pin to spacer measurement?

Mine did not seem tighter from one side to the other...

Pin to spacer is 0.014/0.015. I had thicker washers but then the pin spacing was wrong (too tight). I've e-mailed Aussie Locker to ask but no response yet. The intercam spacing is at 0.17 which is the upper limit (there is considerable drag on the feeler gauge at that reading though).

Tapage said:
my first question .. when you do a tight turn the locker " permit " the outside tire turb much faster . ?

There was no tire squealing yet (so I assume I'm getting some differential action) but I haven't driven it much either.

Aussie Locker

cruiser_guy said:
Pin to spacer is 0.014/0.015. I had thicker washers but then the pin spacing was wrong (too tight). I've e-mailed Aussie Locker to ask but no response yet. The intercam spacing is at 0.17 which is the upper limit (there is considerable drag on the feeler gauge at that reading though).

There was no tire squealing yet (so I assume I'm getting some differential action) but I haven't driven it much either.

I believe that Technical Support has responded to your question. If not please let me know direct at bill@offroadlockers.com.

Aussie_Locker said:
I believe that Technical Support has responded to your question. If not please let me know direct at bill@offroadlockers.com.

Yep, they have responded now. They say nothing to worry about so long as I'm within specs, even if it's pushing the upper limits so we'll see how it goes!! I've got to say that so far it has not been objectionable and I've only noticed it on a tight 180 degree turn I did today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom