Older than dirt - refreshing a ‘64 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just tired of doing, paying for, and waiting on full, bare metal paint jobs. The Bunny Truck is the fourth one of those in a row. And it was in the paint shop for a full 6 months. I think I'd like to avoid that on the next project, whatever it ends up being.

Of course, I need to find a buyer for this one first...
DSC_2312.JPG

Not seeing you doing a patina restoration, but it would push your limits.
Break is over. Next project is not a patina job, but it doesn't need paint either!

00y0y_ivPoYXCPARWz_0kE0bC_1200x900.jpg

@HelloKitty65 - No Keith, still a fair ways to go. Interior needs some love. New, better fitting wheels and tires going on soon. Worn out, non-boosted steering will be replaced with modern power assisted rack & pinion, and last will be to install modern A/C.

Last edited:
That AC button looks like a 60 series AC button :D
Could be. No telling where these outfits source their parts for these retrofit kits.

The A/C install is complete. Evac and charge is scheduled for next week.
IMG_4673.JPG

Just a few minor tweaks and touch ups left. I plan to attend a local American Classic show and cruise on June 3rd, with a For Sale sign in the back window.
DSC_0020.jpeg

DSC_0022.jpeg

Last edited:
The A/C was charged a couple of weeks ago, and—as they say in all the car ads—blows COLD.
IMG_4689.JPG

Took some time to squash a couple of small bugs, and I'm now declaring it to be finished. I will clean it up a bit, do a few final touch-ups, and then start marketing it. Considering BaT, but we haven't agreed on a reserve yet.
IMG_4681.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom