Old Man Knox Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
Guess I'm hi jacking my own post but thought you guys would appreciate. Doing a refresh on a 86 Honda 250es Big Red ATC

Nice trike... I almost died on a early 80's tecate stupid neon green thing ... climbing up a hillside hit a small stump... bounced and foot came off the peg

My shoe went flying off because my foot went under the rear tire... it pulled me back where I was now 1/2 off the stupid thing ... trying to stay on and pull myself back I full throttle it ... it starts screaming up the hill

Finally I let go and rolled off the side

It hit a tree and started to come back end over end ... about two feet from my head it bounced past me

From that point on I stayed on my 82' Honda 80

:meh:

It's all fun and games ... then you just go to bigger fun and games

Did you torch out the bushings yet ... you'll need to have a fan handy if your garage is attached to the house ... it makes a stink lol

Wow, I guess I was lucky and never experienced anything like that back in the day. Louisiana is pretty flat though, just a lot of mud. Had lots of fun as a teenager!

Have not started the springs project yet. Probably Monday. Sounds like I will be moving it outdoors!

IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
Started trying to decifer wiring mixed of old harness and new harness. Very frustrating, especially since I'm not that sure I know what I'm doing! I'm competent with 12v in boats, this is something else entirely!

Took a break from wiring and dealt with the new to me rear springs. Used a 3/4" paddle but to get rid of the lip on one side, then used a 18mm deep socket a block of wood and a hammer to free the old spring bushings. No flame required! Then wire wheeled em down, Ospho'd for rust and painted with rustoleum pro

So I thought I needed a replacement e brake drum but it appears that I am missing everything but the drum by what I'm seeing! What is a good source to get the parts to get my e brake system back in business?

Thanks! Will do

I ended going with valley hybrid cruisers. Some used parts but a much better price!

@blossett Where a bouts in Louisiana do you live?

Im in Prairieville

How about you Gator25?

About 35 miles east are so from Shreveport a long I-20, there's a town called Minden. I live about 5 miles north of Minden.

I pass you occasionally on my way to Dallas for work

Cool, some day we'll have to get together and have a beer man.

I'm gathering parts for my e brake replacement and rear disc brake conversion. Are replacement rear brake lines available or is it better to custom make new ones?

IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
We now have headlights, running lights and brake lights! Started mocking up exhaust and decided to go topless to get ready for the body work in the tub. Saw a few of you guys build organizers for the top, sides and doors. Thank for the idea!

You can buy hard lines already made up man if you want to go that route. I bought a complete set, I'll have to go look on the box if you want the source. Worst case I'll have to look through my note book to find where they come from.

I'd appreciate it. I only need the rears

I don't trust the 40 year old ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom