Old days at Paragon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My boss sent some photos I hadn't see in quoite awhile last week. These were taken I believe in 2007- one of the FJ Cruiser Trail teams trucks was with us that day, with Will at the wheel and their spotter along for the ride. I see Matt Reed's (now belongs to Montano) red 40, Tom Humphries 40 with the soft top, Jeff Dozier in his green and white 55, and RichCasella (Gothem City president) in his silver FJ. Looks like John Merkey in the blue shorts. I don't remember the other vehicles or who else was with us that day. It was one of the last days at Paragon if I remember correctly. That day we were on some newer trails one of which parallelled interstate 81 for a short bit. Of course the orange and white truck is my old girl the pictured with her climbing was taken not far off the afore-mentioned trail. My truck is also shown exiting outer spare tire's stream crossing- one of my favorite trailsat poaragaon what with the approach from Turtle past the old mine entrance. One day not too far past the OSP exit we saw a bear cub in a tree! In the old days we used to get together fairly often to wheel- would like to start that up again. Comments and appreciated! gary S

Paragon staging area.jpg

55 at outer spare tire.jpg

55 climbing.jpg

Brings back good memories. My best wheeling day ever was at Paragon.

Dan F

I see Dan had some rocks stacked to get where he was sitting........... and, is that Kina standing next to Bob's 40? Gary S

Dave Crum

The infamous Dave Crum.............I remember the day Bill Smith and I drove home from Rausch Creek to my garage to get old Dave a new steering arm for his 40!!!!!!!!!!!!

And who is in the white 62 on the left in the group picture?

Finally, where the hell is Dan Friedlander these days? Gary

Last edited:
That looks like the top of Wampum (#5). Gary, how else can this old geezer keep up with you, but to stack some rocks/let someone else stack them.

Cheers to Paragon bygone days. Lets bring them back!

Glad to see you're still alive Dan. I thought you'd be in a home by now.

Not Paragon but Rausch 2005:

ECPR2005 010.jpg

Paragon 2003:

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

Rausch 2004 - fearless leader reviews the pack:

100_0018.jpg

ECPR2005 010.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

100_0018.jpg

Wow! That's a nice Pig collection. Nice legs too

Joe's pics

Joe- thanks for posting those phots, love 'em! Send more, willya?

Some ID here, in the Rausch 2005 shot from left is Brian Koerner's red truck, my 55 before the SOA< and Joe's green truck (sure was nice back then!!!).
Paragon 2003 from left is gary Webster's white 69, Jeff LaCarruba's brown and white 69, and Joe's 76.

The descent into the stream crossing is the approach to the artesian well area, I believe. Webster in front, not sure whose 40 follows (Tom umphries maybe?), shot taken from Joe's pig.

Rausch 2004 from left is Joe Mylie, Brian koerner, Tom Humphrie's goat pig (now owned by Todd Oldenburg),Jeff Lacarruba, Jeff Dozier, my white and blue (and primer) piggy. I think the last truck was owned by a guy from Virginia.
Gary Webster sold his 69 to a guy here in the Reading PA area, Kim Hopp. Last I saw it he was upgrading the wiring and adding disc brakes. jeff LaCarruba sold his pig but I have no idea where it is right now. Jeff was always fond of the gas pedal- and wasn't afraid to put it to the floor!

I love these old shots, send more if anyone has them. I actually have some video of what I think was the first time we held the pig run at rausch (earlier ones were at Paragon). I remember the gys going trough the pond, Joe Mylie actually stopping in the moiddle, backing up, then driving ahead! all the while exhaust was bubbling up from under water. I also remenber Craig Merkey opening the doors of his 40 after going through the pond and water ran out for quite awhile. took some time for the stink to go away, too. I have video from that day.

Bob- you always did like my legs...........

keep the photos and comments coming. Gary

Love the pictures, keep em coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom