Okay, Best Rear Bumper? Pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser said:
I believe its for fishing poles? i could be wrong

mike

BTW the bumper is a thing of art

I was kidding...does look like it should be mounted on an Apache Helo, though.

Yes, nice bumper.

This thread is killing me. Im looking forward to doing my taxes now. I know where my return is going to be spent.

I leaned my rig into a rock on the Dusy, it slid along the 4x4labs wing, which did not budge, and then took out my taillight and some sheet metal....oooops.

It is freaking stout, no way those wings are bending under 200 lbs....

I'll shoot some under shots of the atttachments over the weekend and load em up on an external site....

I like this bumper DELETED SORRY

Last edited:
Last edited:
Junk said:
Here's a few pics of mine. Biggest 2 differences between mine and most are that it holds a rear winch and happens to be for sale.
deal.gif

Very tight to the body and allows for excellent departure angle - has been used and really held up well.

For scale reference - the street spare is a 295 BFG AT/KO and the trail spare is a 36x13 TSL.

do have any pics of the internal winch mount? I working on something like this for the 60.

thanks

Deleted it. Sorry guys :frown:

Here's my current homebuilt rear bumper. This is the second rear bumper that I have built for my LC80 as I am a novice weldor and learning as I go. I built both bumpers with a Lincoln AC/DC stick welder and used 3/16 inch steel except for the mounting points which are a bit beefier. The tire carrier is still in progress but will work on wither side and the spindles will be removable. Building these was a great learning experience and I already have some changes in mind for the third rendition.

Cheers

Last edited:
I've got the Kaymar deluxe and have been very happy with it. The tire does not rattle at all, I like the looks, and it's held up well wheeling. All that said, I regret being a tight ass and not getting a Slee, especially now that they've got a more integrated receiver hitch. And yes, the Kaymar side wings will push in and hit your rear quarter panels.. they're beefier than the 60 series wings but they ain't no Slees.

snowcruiser, that is an amazing job for a beginner fabricator. Nice work for sure.

Thanks Concrete

I've been pm'ed for a few side shots so here you go. Sorry no pics of the build I kept forgetting.

Last edited:
No pics from the underside but it is pretty straight forward. I used 1/2 inch angle iron coming straight off of the frame and through the face of the bumper for tow points. These bolt where the factory hitch bolted at the rear and then through the vertical sides of the frame as well but probably unecessarily. The wings are supported where the factory hitch bolted in the front by seperate very heavy duty brackets made out of angle iron and gusseted square tubing. I made these front brackets first and bolted them to the frame and then bolted a plate to these that I then welded the wings to and then tied it all together in the rear. This allowed the bumper to be slid on and held in place by itself before attaching any bolts. I can try to get some pics later this week.

Snow

Hayes said:
Yes snowcruiser. That looks nice. More pics and details, please.

Hayes

Ditto -

How did you cut all the pieces of steel? That really looks like a professional design.

Heath

Believe it or not I cut most of the steel with a 18 volt Sawzall as my Plasma cutter was out of commission during the build. Milwaukee "The Torch" blades are pretty good with metal so it was not as bad as it sounds but I went through a lot of these and a few grinding wheels as well. I was able to fix my plasma cutter towards the end of the build which helped with some of the arc cuts. Next time I will plasma the whole thing as it is probably 10x as fast.

Sorry to hone in on this thread. But was wondering if anyone knew of a tire swing arm that would fit with/on the stock bumper. Some of those other bumpers look great but all I'm looking for is the swing arm.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom