Oil & Filter Change for LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for this thread. Just did the first oil change on my 200.

What does Toyota require when you do your own oil changes .. to maintain the driveline warrantee?

Keep your receipts for the correct amount of oil that meets the specifications listed in the manual, and for any filters you buy. Photos probably wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks for the reminder! So mine is as follows:

total length of dipstick metal (27 1/4")
full mark: 26 1/8" from top of stick
low mark: 26 3/4" from top of stick

pictures below, the measurements are correct, pictures were before I adjusted the ruler, off by about 1/16

Last edited:
I just post my oil changes on Toyota owner site as self-service

X's 2. The Toyota warranty allows self service, just document it.

One issue I've seen though with the Toyota owners website related to self service. It does not show up as service when (i.e. dealer) looks up service history. This could lead to others later on assuming no service was completed at the required interval.

Thanks for the reminder! So mine is as follows:

total length of dipstick metal (27 1/4")
full mark: 26 1/8" from top of stick
low mark: 26 3/4" from top of stick

pictures below, the measurements are correct, pictures were before I adjusted the ruler, off by about 1/16

View attachment 1901713

The two dimples at the bottom of the stick are your measuring points. Top dimple is the full mark. Bottom dimple is quart low.

Yup - but Lexus specifically says that there are two different dipsticks, which indicates a different capacity. My stick doesn’t have the mark. Hence my measuring the stick

BE5A6A93-6A0E-4698-A163-5C0B825C498F.jpeg

Yup - but Lexus specifically says that there are two different dipsticks, which indicates a different capacity. My stick doesn’t have the mark. Hence my measuring the stick

View attachment 1902540

The "blue-markered dipstick handle" is for 5.7L engines WITHOUT an oil cooler. As far as I know, ALL North American LC200 and LX570 5.7L engines HAVE an oil cooler. So, if you want to restore your dipstick to original spec, buy some green paint, an appropriately sized paint brush and go to town on that bad boy!

HTH

And boom goes the dynamite - thanks!

Does anyone know when's the next release for Jowatt Engineering's oil filter housing?

Last edited:
resurrecting an old thread...

does anyone know of nuances in oil change procedure/parts/tools needed between pre and post 2019 models?

resurrecting an old thread...

does anyone know of nuances in oil change procedure/parts/tools needed between pre and post 2019 models?

If you install the Jowatt filter housing and 2 ez valves then it is a breeze. An ez valve for the main drain and a 2nd ez valve for the Jowatt housing. The tools are: 3/8 fuel line (12"); 2.x" socket for the Jowatt housing; oil pan; oil funnel.

Why list tools needed for parts the guy doesn't have? Even then they have to remove the skid.

Without those parts it's a breeze, and to my knowledge there is no difference in late-model landcruiser/LX vs early.

10&12mm for removing the skids, 14mm for pan drain, 3/8" square for oil filter housing drain plug, good toyota-specific filter housing wrench with the slots on the sides, not just the 14-(or whatever) sided hex, torque wrench capable of 9 ft-lb up to 30.

Don't forget to get pan drain gaskets, and when you use the filter housing drain spout put the drain plug oring into its groove on the spout before firmly pressing it into the filter housing. When done this way you won't spill much if any at all.

Reactions: KLF
With Bud Built skids no need to remove entire skid just the access covers that were built into the skid. Very well thought out product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom