Offroad popup camper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

great build and video!!!!!!!!

Before I headed out to Moab, I finally got my diamond plate broken and mounted. I also painted the sides and the front and back of the roof to match my Cruiser. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the paint I bought is hte same dark metallic green.

This project required pulling all the hardware off the exterior of the camper both for painting and for mounting the diamond plate.

None of this is really functional except for the diamond plate on the front as the front gets peppered with gravel.

Here are the pics!
:cheers:

camper1.jpg

camper2.jpg

camper3.jpg
camper1.jpg
camper2.jpg
camper3.jpg

WOW... what an awesome build.... Ive been wanting to do something like this for a long time but with a slightly larger popup.

This thing gets miles and many nights. This summer saw a bunch of family camping. Just got back a couple weeks ago from taking it on an antelope hunt in Wyoming. There I got to use the rear receiver hitch as I attached a hitch mount cargo tray to help with all of the gear.

I also completed the water portion of the plumbing for my instant water heater.

Here's the plumbing on the heater itself. The cold supply connects to the water source on the camper via a quick disconnect w/ auto shutoff. I split the hot water coming out of the heater. One line connects back to the camper for hot water at the sink, the other line is for the outside shower with shutoff on the showerhead. Both of these lines can be isolated or run simultaneously. Lastly, I have a quick disconnect with auto shutoff for the propane supply from the camper as well.

[URL="http://inlinethumb12.webshots.com/46539/2299594310106066773S600x600Q85.jpg"] [/URL]

I utilized two shore power hatches for the supply and return lines on the camper. They can be seen here with the supply and return lines with the auto shutoff disconnects here.
I am planning the exact same set up in my trailer. Im curious how well the split hot output worked out, where you got your auto shut off quick disconnects, and what kind of water pump you used?

Hey,

I have been following this thread since I came across it a while back.
I was so impressed with the idea that I have now started the same sort of thing.
I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration and awesome ideas!
All props go to you!

Any further mods in the pipeline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom