Official LX570s Picture Thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out with the 20s finally!!! Still looking for a spare wheel. Got these tundra takeoffs for $500 and the tires look brand new! And 32s are a little bigger than my old 285/50s.
B0373701-940A-4337-95EC-28A48FF5BB9C.jpeg

Hey everyone,
Looking for some guidance on a bunch of things. Have 08' LX570 and recently damaged a few things on 3 day overlanding adventure through NH. Keeping in mind this is my wife's daily driver that I also off-road so trying to keep it as stock looking as possible.
1. Need new tires: Was thinking Yokohama Geolander AT/G015? I'd like to stay stock size and get best on road (80% of time) and off-road performance possible. Keeping in mind I'm in the northeast so we see snow.
2. I damaged my passenger side step and need to replace. Any ideas for options that look as stock or "normal" as possible but give me more protection.
3. Rear diff skid plate options?
4. Front & rear protection for rubbing on approach or departure? If I have to replace w/ aftermarket bumpers would like to look as stock as possible.

I know this is alot to ask, but trying to compromise as any heavy mods my wife says looks like a "zombie killing machine". Thanks everyone!!!!

Hey everyone,
Looking for some guidance on a bunch of things. Have 08' LX570 and recently damaged a few things on 3 day overlanding adventure through NH. Keeping in mind this is my wife's daily driver that I also off-road so trying to keep it as stock looking as possible.
1. Need new tires: Was thinking Yokohama Geolander AT/G015? I'd like to stay stock size and get best on road (80% of time) and off-road performance possible. Keeping in mind I'm in the northeast so we see snow.
2. I damaged my passenger side step and need to replace. Any ideas for options that look as stock or "normal" as possible but give me more protection.
4. Front & rear protection for rubbing on approach or departure? If I have to replace w/ aftermarket bumpers would like to look as stock as possible.

I know this is alot to ask, but trying to compromise as any heavy mods my wife says looks like a "zombie killing machine". Thanks everyone!!!!

If you can swing it, find another 200.

Hey everyone,

1. I have no experience with those or moderate tires. Have seen quite a lot of people talk good of Toyo AT3s, and Falken Wildepeaks for that same road manner and some wheeling you talk about. P metric would be the best way to go for any option you find to keep lower pressures for street use compared to an LT.
2. Slee sliders or Metal Tech are the 2 options for LX rock slider steps right now
3. We don't need rear diff skid plates. They are plenty beefy
4. Front and rear protection, you could pull off an ARB or the likes that sell for LC. People have made it work on the original face of an LX570. Or pull a sensor lift and just accept the rashes as "character?"

1. I have no experience with those or moderate tires. Have seen quite a lot of people talk good of Toyo AT3s, and Falken Wildepeaks for that same road manner and some wheeling you talk about. P metric would be the best way to go for any option you find to keep lower pressures for street use compared to an LT.
2. Slee sliders or Metal Tech are the 2 options for LX rock slider steps right now
3. We don't need rear diff skid plates. They are plenty beefy
4. Front and rear protection, you could pull off an ARB or the likes that sell for LC. People have made it work on the original face of an LX570. Or pull a sensor lift and just accept the rashes as "character?"
Awesome info! I hit the rear diff a couple times and it appears to be the main thing that's exposed to hitting thats why I asked. To your point, may just have to accept rash and do repaints every so often or for resale when the time comes. Cost of doing business. Hopefully get some more replies. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

May be worth starting a new thread for these q’s so we can answer w/o cluttering the pictures thread.

Awesome info! I hit the rear diff a couple times and it appears to be the main thing that's exposed to hitting thats why I asked. To your point, may just have to accept rash and do repaints every so often or for resale when the time comes. Cost of doing business. Hopefully get some more replies. Thanks!

I would take one step at a time:

- Upgrade to larger AT tires. How large depends on your usage
- Sliders
- Get more practice, pick better lines.

I have a bumper on my LX and love it, but I drove it around scraping every corner for 3 years before I went there. It's a big commitment.

Having a ball of a time exploring Death Valley over the past 4 days. This place is ginormous with so many unique things to see and wheel. 35s at 15 psi makes corrugations ride like butter, blowing by lesser Jeeps getting shaken to bits. Family didn't complain once over 100 miles off-roading. Other than no cellular reception for 2 days even with WeBoost.

1606273785459.png

Last edited:
35s at 15 psi makes corrugations ride like butter,
So true. Nothing like going 40 and everyone else is going 15. It’s so weird. Just blowing by people. I guess many don’t know about airing down or aren’t set up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom